Mushy Peas

I have to go out of my way to Sainsbury's to buy mushy peas so I keep a stock.

Bought some at the weekend and very pleased to see there is a promotion with the winner getting a trip to NZ to see the Lions.

Nice to see they are still supporting us. The draw for NZ is now over but plenty of time to enter and win a signed Lions shirt (closes 3.1.20) and show we notice 

Bought some at the weekend and very pleased to see there is a promotion with the winner getting a trip to NZ to see the Lions.

Nice to see they are still supporting us. The draw for NZ is now over but plenty of time to enter and win a signed Lions shirt (closes 3.1.20) and show we notice 

31 minutes ago, John Rhino said:

I’ve never purchased Mushy Peas from a shop but I’d always assumed they would be widely available rather than a niche product? Or are you living in Surrey or somewhere?

When we lived in Dubai you could even get them there, albeit imported and sold at an extortionate price.

59 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’ve never purchased Mushy Peas from a shop but I’d always assumed they would be widely available rather than a niche product? Or are you living in Surrey or somewhere?

When we lived in Dubai you could even get them there, albeit imported and sold at an extortionate price.

When we were in France this summer the village boulangerie even sold mushy peas weirdly (along with garden peas and no other canned products). They’re a global phenomenon. 

8 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

It’s unbelievable that you had to buy imported mushy peas. Surely there’s a local producer.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

2 hours ago, John Rhino said:

I was about to say every little helps, but then I remembered that's Tesco and not Sainsburys.

I rarely buy mushy peas from anywhere except the fish and chips shop, so unfortunately this particular promotion had escaped my attention.

It's good to see rugby league and especially the national team (of sorts) being promoted, irrespective of whether it's by a multi-national or a smaller/local brand.

1 minute ago, Hemel Rugby League said:

Hemel Stags played in the Venice RL 7's in Italy in 1982 as part of an Italian mushy pea festival

Most bizarre fact of the day.

It almost belongs on some far-fetched ‘RL expansion of the future’ thread ? If you’d posted it as an idea you’d get caned!

On 17/09/2019 at 18:18, Cheshire Setter said:

No, Derbyshire Dales, but neither our nearest shop M&S Food nor the Co-op does them. 

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Ate mushy peas on toast today after I found a tin in a kitchen cupboard loitering with intent to go past its best before date.

I’d forgotten how they turn your pi$$ a shade of green reminiscent of nuclear waste.

Is that a positive or negative outcome?

23 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Ate mushy peas on toast today after I found a tin in a kitchen cupboard loitering with intent to go past its best before date.

I’d forgotten how they turn your pi$$ a shade of green reminiscent of nuclear waste.

It happens within about 10 minutes as well, amazing it can get through you so fast. 

Archived