Trains, Planes & Automobiles

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

There is no such thing as "On Time" around here, the bus company* have pulled the timetables from public view, and the drivers refuse to disclose when they run. This wasn't a complaint about running on time, but a complaint that the hidden tables seem to allow the drivers much more leisure time whilst supposedly working, if they have to take a newspaper, or a word search book out with them whilst driving, then there is something wrong with the tables.

*Singular, Monopoly.

Timetables built for when there is traffic don't work when there's not much traffic.

Suffice to say I don't see why you'd want to try and publicly shame people who are probably just sticking to their schedule, published or not.

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Timetables built for when there is traffic don't work when there's not much traffic.

Suffice to say I don't see why you'd want to try and publicly shame people who are probably just sticking to their schedule, published or not.

The journey time from Warrior Square to Morrisons used to tak 15 mins, it now takes 30.

It is actually quicker to walk.

35 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Bus timetables will be all over the place a the moment, and its no surprise that they may be running inefficiently, with gaps, longer stops, irregular running, etc

And real time info is available, I believe,

On 23/02/2021 at 07:15, JohnM said:

Recently, an Antonov AN-12 has been passing over us twice a day from Ukraine to and from various airports: Liverpool, East Midlands at least. Noisy old ######..but thats enough about my next door neighbour.

Gorgeous! Love a bit of Soviet aviation. Presuming it's a cargo model, can't imagine any airlines are still flying the passenger varient, would love a flight in one of them!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

There speaks a bus driver?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kEfxPH][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50972336603_78a6f532fd_m.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kEfxPH]20210222_162026[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/67800358@N03/]David  Hesketh[/url], on Flickr

8 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

There speaks a bus driver?

Most bus "Drivers" around Hastings seem to have a physiological problem with their right ankle, or lower leg, in as much they don't seem able to put enough pressure on the accelerator peddle to make the buses go faster than 15 MPH, the only route that defies this is the 99, on the stretch between Bexhill, and Pevensy which is a 50 MPH stretch, and if the drivers are not careful, they get stuck behind a level crossing, and may wet themselves because they miss their 3rd toilet/Smoke break.

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Most bus "Drivers" around Hastings seem to have a physiological problem with their right ankle, or lower leg, in as much they don't seem able to put enough pressure on the accelerator peddle to make the buses go faster than 15 MPH, the only route that defies this is the 99, on the stretch between Bexhill, and Pevensy which is a 50 MPH stretch, and if the drivers are not careful, they get stuck behind a level crossing, and may wet themselves because they miss their 3rd toilet/Smoke break.

A bus every 30 mins (can be found online - Stagecoach) we're lucky to have one every 30 days!

£3.90 a ticket - at least double here

Edited by shaun mc

6 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Nope.

So...

RTPI Bus Stop Signs

There are about one hundred and fifty electronic RTPI signs installed bus stops across East Sussex. We will continue to add signs to new locations when funding becomes available.

Audible information – ‘Talking’ Bus Stops

All RTPI signs installed in the county can provide audible information about bus services for people with visual impairments. These are known as ‘Talking’ bus stops signs. The audible information is activated by a key fob (remote control) issued by the County Council to partially sighted people.

For further information about ‘Talking’ bus stops and to request a key fob, please email the Transport Hub.

Contact Us

For further information, please email the Transport Hub. Please provide full details such as road names and addresses if you are emailing about a specific stop.

On 23/02/2021 at 22:51, JohnM said:

And real time info is available, I believe,

No. The Bus Stop indications are only a guide, I was told today. In London they are GPS processed to provide an accurate ETA, down here they are only a timetabled ETA..

44 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

No. The Bus Stop indications are only a guide, I was told today. In London they are GPS processed to provide an accurate ETA, down here they are only a timetabled ETA..

understood.

Corinth Canal, last holiday abroad, September 2019. 😞

corcanalIMG_0240-600x400.jpg

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I haven't done this myself, but my mum's been on the Falkirk Wheel. When you think how many locks this replaced, that's a huge change in elevation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson