Trains, Planes & Automobiles

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

Can anyone with a better knowledge of vintage cars than me tell me what model this is?

22.jpg

No idea, but American cars got really dull after the age of chrome grilles and fins, didn't they?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No idea, but American cars got really dull after the age of chrome grilles and fins, didn't they?

Mmmm so you think it's American? Picture was taken in the UK.

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Great suggestion making me look more closely at it. A bit of digging suggests it's got a 1969 Virginia reg plate. I've gone from passively interested to intrigued now! Wonder what that car, brand new, was doing in the UK.

s-l1600.jpg

45 minutes ago, M j M said:

Can anyone with a better knowledge of vintage cars than me tell me what model this is?

22.jpg

Got it.

It's a 1969 four door Plymouth Valiant.

1280px-68_Plymouth_Valiant_100_(7331347336).jpg

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Went to Peru in 2006 and took the train from Cusco to Puno. This is a photo off the back of the train as it passed through the market. They didn't move the books from within the rails

PERU 2006 411.jpg

• Like 1

Big news this:

All the Class 800, 801 and 802s have been taken out of service today. That's the LNER Azumas, Hull Trains Paragons and Transpennine's Nova 1s to us northern folk.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Big news this:

All the Class 800, 801 and 802s have been taken out of service today. That's the LNER Azumas, Hull Trains Paragons and Transpennine's Nova 1s to us northern folk.

Blimey! That's worrying.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Pacers might have been absolute excrement (literally sometimes) but they were a big part of growing up for me. I have a lot of great memories of Pacers from when I was a kid and all the days out to Brid and Scarborough, spending at least an hour sitting on one of those horrible bench seats they had. Great memories when I think back to what they were part of. Funnily enough I was saying to someone just yesterday about how I can still remember that unique smell Pacers had, a smell you will never experience anywhere else, it was sodding horrible but it was unique and so iconic and I still haven't quite worked out exactly what it was the smell of, disappointment I suppose, that special kind of disappointment you felt when you waited in the station for ages for the train to show up half an hour late and on top of that it being a Pacer. Good times..! 😁

Ps. Geoff Marshall's YouTube channel is brilliant, especially his least used stations series! 👍

• Like 2

Just been reading that the government is going to commission a new flagship, a successor to the Royal Yacht Britannia, going to cost £200million, probably going to be named after the Duke of Edinburgh, going start building it as early as next year to be put into service within 4 years and will be in service for 30 years. Being built to showcase British industries and host international conferences and receptions or something like that.

The track from Coventry to Nuneaton runs behind the posts at the Butts Park Arena.

During this afternoon's game Coventry Bears v Rochdale Hornets this went passed

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=tablet-android-samsung-rev2&source=android-browser&q=midland+pulman#imgrc=acfBqtaM75yQfM

• Like 2

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

57 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Actual pic

image.jpeg.a2c12ad256da5f46cf26a43a9da045ed.jpeg

I'm impressed how both teams lined up to mark the Pullman train passing by!

ps  it's behind you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/05/2021 at 23:12, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Ps. Geoff Marshall's YouTube channel is brilliant, especially his least used stations series!

He also did some good videos for the Londonist channel, before striking out on his own.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 28/05/2021 at 19:40, Futtocks said:

Ralph Waldo Emerson