Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

Ourleague / Fans Forum

Recommended Posts

Following the Fans Forum last night, I've just signed up to the OurLeague thingy......... BUT, at no stage did it ask which club I support.

This obviously isn't going to help the club's efforts -- Can anyone enlighten please ?? ........ I tried doing it on my Chromebook, rather than phone......... As a Technophobe, could that be the issue ??

Thought the Forum was very informative, if somewhat frustrating regarding new / departing players but I respect why the Club is taking the approach it is. The signing of Annakin is excellent news..... let's hope other new signings are of a similar stature............

Was amazed to learn that a number of players were looking for more money after such a disappointing season.......... Is it them or their agents trying it on ??   Well done again to the club for telling them it's a non-starter.   IF they are as good as they think, then why aren't other clubs already beating their door down ??

Quality rather than quantity is, I believe, the right approach for next season.....and, without actually saying it, I think LG learned an awful lot in his first full season at Championship level..... Let's hope he can break down the bad habits we've got in to as a team and bring in the players who can / will turn that mentality around...... and engender the 'family' feeling he spoke of.

The club is obviously well managed and heavily supported by Mark Sawyer (and others) and whilst we all crave better results on the pitch, the over-riding focus has to be on keeping the club alive, viable and in a healthy financial position........... But what a struggle it obviously is !!!! ....... And, whatever our reservations regarding the Bulls as tenants, it's clear we should welcome them with open arms.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi usually when joining it gives you the option to select which club you support .... but its not a problem.

Sign in then click on the person icon in the top right hand corner.

then click on account ....then click on preferences.

You should then be able to choose your team preferences.   I only selected Dewsbury and not a SL team or international team ... just to make sure!

I hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

Following the Fans Forum last night, I've just signed up to the OurLeague thingy......... BUT, at no stage did it ask which club I support.

This obviously isn't going to help the club's efforts -- Can anyone enlighten please ?? ........ I tried doing it on my Chromebook, rather than phone......... As a Technophobe, could that be the issue ??

Thought the Forum was very informative, if somewhat frustrating regarding new / departing players but I respect why the Club is taking the approach it is. The signing of Annakin is excellent news..... let's hope other new signings are of a similar stature............

Was amazed to learn that a number of players were looking for more money after such a disappointing season.......... Is it them or their agents trying it on ??   Well done again to the club for telling them it's a non-starter.   IF they are as good as they think, then why aren't other clubs already beating their door down ??

Quality rather than quantity is, I believe, the right approach for next season.....and, without actually saying it, I think LG learned an awful lot in his first full season at Championship level..... Let's hope he can break down the bad habits we've got in to as a team and bring in the players who can / will turn that mentality around...... and engender the 'family' feeling he spoke of.

The club is obviously well managed and heavily supported by Mark Sawyer (and others) and whilst we all crave better results on the pitch, the over-riding focus has to be on keeping the club alive, viable and in a healthy financial position........... But what a struggle it obviously is !!!! ....... And, whatever our reservations regarding the Bulls as tenants, it's clear we should welcome them with open arms.

 

 

I was, and still am a little uncomfortable with the Bulls as tenants, BUT, if it is happening there are ways we can benefit from it as a club. For example, the Bulls are hell bent on getting back into SL, and therefore most of their squad will be full time. They will presumably invest some money in bringing in quality players, and will therefore have a fairly sizeable squad. That being the case, there will be decent squad members not getting a game who will need game time to remain match fit. I assume the Rams will be using Loan players again to pad out the squad. Wouldn't it be sensible then, to have some arrangement with the Bulls (not DR obviously) whereby we get to borrow the better fringe players from them, when available, to provide continuity for both us and them. It gives the benefit of having the same players week in week out, who already know each other, which seems to work for Fev with the Rhinos.

  • Confused 1

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last. I heard they were in special measures and not able to sign anyone. But DR has got Fev into the playoffs and got Swinton out of relegation trouble, so if we can get some long term loan players, which is what Fev effectively did, then it might help. Not that much different to a one year deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible/practicable to "borrow" within the same league?


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is it possible/practicable to "borrow" within the same league?

Ah ! I did wonder about that, and I assume you can't DR as such - but we recently had a winger on loan from Fax, so it must be OK. Didn't we lend you Wayne McHugh a while since ? :kolobok_smile3:


Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I was, and still am a little uncomfortable with the Bulls as tenants, BUT, if it is happening there are ways we can benefit from it as a club. For example, the Bulls are hell bent on getting back into SL, and therefore most of their squad will be full time. They will presumably invest some money in bringing in quality players, and will therefore have a fairly sizeable squad. That being the case, there will be decent squad members not getting a game who will need game time to remain match fit. I assume the Rams will be using Loan players again to pad out the squad. Wouldn't it be sensible then, to have some arrangement with the Bulls (not DR obviously) whereby we get to borrow the better fringe players from them, when available, to provide continuity for both us and them. It gives the benefit of having the same players week in week out, who already know each other, which seems to work for Fev with the Rhinos.

A significant extrapolation of ifs and buts there GoR. Maybe, if we are looking at any loans, or even DR, there might be better places than Bradford to look. As LG said at the forum his objective is to recruit a solid team of players with loans etc only coming into the equation if we feel to be forced down that track.

Also remember that Bradford are only playing at the ground, not based there. So the connection for any of their "spare" players would be tenuous at least.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is it possible/practicable to "borrow" within the same league?

You do know the regulations, don't you PM?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You do know the regulations, don't you PM?

Nah, I just wait for you to bore us all with the small print BSJ

  • Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Ah ! I did wonder about that, and I assume you can't DR as such - but we recently had a winger on loan from Fax, so it must be OK. Didn't we lend you Wayne McHugh a while since ? :kolobok_smile3:

That was 2005 !!!


IMG_0583.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Nah, I just wait for you to bore us all with the small print BSJ

Hmmm! Remember what nearly happened to you the last time you decided to ignore the small print?

As Roger Daltrey would tell you "Won't Get Fooled Again".


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...