37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your man of steel?

• Blake Austin
    • Lachlan Coote
    • Jackson Hastings
    • Liam Watts
    • George Williams

7 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I know it’s a voted system this year but it’s interesting to see Lomax so underrated outside of St Helens.  

Yep. Clean sweep for him at our player of the year awards last night, in the top try scorers, 5th in assists and hasn't lost a Super League match all year but the panel seem to think there have been 2 better stand offs than him this year.

McManus' next programme notes should be a good read then.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’ll be Flake or Hastings. 

Yes, there is a rich history of this award being handed to Wire / Salford players.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

15 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

For me it is about the impact of a player on his team. Lomax steps into a superior team all the functions of the team are well established. Hastings is part of a revolution at Salford.

I agree with this - that's why I think Hastings is a worthy winner. However, Lomax has also been very good this year hence why he swept the board last night. Hastings should MoS though; nobody else comes close on that list.

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I know it’s a voted system this year but it’s interesting to see Lomax so underrated outside of St Helens.  

I am a Warrington fan but rate Lomax ,he injects pace into a game and is the one saints player I fear most.

Agree about Lomax; a fine player who also looked, not that long ago, as if he'd never get a decent run of games without some injury or other.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Yep. Clean sweep for him at our player of the year awards last night, in the top try scorers, 5th in assists and hasn't lost a Super League match all year but the panel seem to think there have been 2 better stand offs than him this year.

How are the St. Helens player of the year awards relevant to this?

18 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Nobody is suggesting Lomax deserves to be MoS (already started Hastings is a very worthy MoS). Just surprised he wasn’t on the shortlist since he’s been Saints’ best player all year. But hey ho, it’s only an opinion and it’s not mine that counts.

28 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Because the St Helens player of the year has not been nominated for Man of Steel, yet a St Helens player who won none of the club awards has. It's a bit of a quirk.

My view is that Lomax would have been more deserving than Coote (as good as he has been) for a nomination.

Archived