Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Whippet13

Missing women's medals

From Loverugbyleague.com:

Missing medals for Castleford celebration

Castleford Tigers were crowned Women’s Super League League Leaders’ Shield winners last night – but none of the players received medals after the Rugby Football League official who had them went to the wrong venue, and after being told, decided to go home.

RFL chief executive Ralph Rimmer was also absent from the match at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle. There were 1,303 people who turned out to see the Tigresses clinch the shield.

P*** up and brewery springs to mind....

• Sad 2

Absolutely typical RFL. Disgusting how people play their hearts out to win. Only for some numpty to first go to the wrong venue, then just sodded off home. Shambolic. 

• Like 3

I would love to be outraged and shocked but can't even muster that anymore when it comes to the RFL. I have unfortunately now become completely immune to these type of events as the incompetence of the RFL is just par for the course.

• Like 2

I think it's how the RFL react to the cock up.

A negative can often be made into a positive. Perhaps, present the medals at a play-off match, or publicise the cock up, and get the medals handed out on BBC breakfast etc. There should be a way.

• Like 1

I could weep.

This is incredibly poor. It is basic to turn up at the right venue. It begs the question, where did the official turn up? It must have been quite a way away not to divert back to the ground!

Latest Blog - "Grand Final Preview #2 - The power of a 'no'" - https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2019/10/grand-final-preview-2-power-of-no.html
Twitter: @TheTrylineBlog