Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ckn

TRL Helpdesk: Car dashboard help

Dear TRL, I need your help. I filled up fuel just now and noticed a strange green flashing light on my dashboard that I haven't seen before.  Can you help? It's there on the left of the speedometer.

IMG_5015.jpg

• Haha 6

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

Hmmmm. Looked this up. It seems that for a short period, these lights were fitted in error. Did you not get the recall email? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

On 19/09/2019 at 13:47, ckn said:

Dear TRL, I need your help. I filled up fuel just now and noticed a strange green flashing light on my dashboard that I haven't seen before.  Can you help? It's there on the left of the speedometer.

IMG_5015.jpg

It could be a turning indicator, I notice you drive a BMW, and as BMW drivers never indicate when turning this may account for the strangeness to you of this light. Does it alternate with a clicking sound that you have never heard before as well? If so this could be the source.

• Like 1

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

On 19/09/2019 at 13:47, ckn said:

IMG_5015.jpg

I saw that light once in my 1-series.   It flickered intermittently for a few seconds, then switched off.  

I didn’t pay it much attention as I was on my mobile at the time.  

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

image.thumb.jpeg.068f875d9f2f53ef14b9af7e84fd3997.jpeg

Edited by my missus
  • Haha 1

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

there you go fixed.

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

• Haha 3

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

"The M1 was closed today after a major accident. Witnesses say it was caused by drivers becoming confused when they saw a BMW change lanes while signalling" 

bb2000pp02.jpg

• Haha 1

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

21 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

"The M1 was closed today after a major accident. Witnesses say it was caused by drivers becoming confused when they saw a BMW change lanes while signalling" 

bb2000pp02.jpg

I sit at 70mph on motorways, use the furthest left lane reasonably possible and rigorously follow "mirror, signal, manouevre". I often see cars rapidly slow down as they approach me as I think they're convinced I'm driving an unmarked police car 😄

• Haha 1

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

On 09/10/2019 at 08:49, ckn said:

I sit at 70mph on motorways, use the furthest left lane reasonably possible and rigorously follow "mirror, signal, manouevre". I often see cars rapidly slow down as they approach me as I think they're convinced I'm driving an unmarked police car 😄

I do that too, but then I am a banned driver.

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 08:49, ckn said:

Are you?  I think we should be told!

14 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Are you?  I think we should be told!

No, but it would be fun!