TRL Helpdesk: Car dashboard help

Dear TRL, I need your help. I filled up fuel just now and noticed a strange green flashing light on my dashboard that I haven't seen before.  Can you help? It's there on the left of the speedometer.

IMG_5015.jpg

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2019 at 13:47, ckn said:

Dear TRL, I need your help. I filled up fuel just now and noticed a strange green flashing light on my dashboard that I haven't seen before.  Can you help? It's there on the left of the speedometer.

IMG_5015.jpg

It could be a turning indicator, I notice you drive a BMW, and as BMW drivers never indicate when turning this may account for the strangeness to you of this light. Does it alternate with a clicking sound that you have never heard before as well? If so this could be the source.

On 19/09/2019 at 13:47, ckn said:

IMG_5015.jpg

I saw that light once in my 1-series.   It flickered intermittently for a few seconds, then switched off.  

I didn’t pay it much attention as I was on my mobile at the time.  

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

21 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

"The M1 was closed today after a major accident. Witnesses say it was caused by drivers becoming confused when they saw a BMW change lanes while signalling" 

bb2000pp02.jpg

I sit at 70mph on motorways, use the furthest left lane reasonably possible and rigorously follow "mirror, signal, manouevre". I often see cars rapidly slow down as they approach me as I think they're convinced I'm driving an unmarked police car ?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 09/10/2019 at 08:49, ckn said:

I sit at 70mph on motorways, use the furthest left lane reasonably possible and rigorously follow "mirror, signal, manouevre". I often see cars rapidly slow down as they approach me as I think they're convinced I'm driving an unmarked police car ?

I do that too, but then I am a banned driver.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 08:49, ckn said:

Are you?  I think we should be told!

14 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Are you?  I think we should be told!

No, but it would be fun!

Archived