Newcastle Thunder

Cumberland Sausage

So here we go again for Zulu part 2.

A coach sweating on who he will have available against a team who will be licking their wounds from last weeks home defeat.

Kingston Park is not a happy hunting ground and on an artificial pitch against a team with bags of pace our defensive game will have to be top notch and we must try to nullify them getting the ball out to their left which is where most of their tries come from.The only plus for us is that Matthew Wright is banned and i believe the club are looking for clarification on Danny Tickles ban.As i have already posted on here in the Danny Tickle topic the RFL website did show the outcome was no Charge so dont know why it is also stating he has a 1 match ban.

This team seems to thrive on adversity and with a good away support shouting them on I will  continue to believe we can pull off one mighty upset.

If not at least we can look forward to next season with renewed optimism under an amazing coach.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can go closer than last time they had two genuine quality half backs that day and while QLT is quality he’s a runner which limits there options 

hopefully no points conceded from daft individual mistakes and we will be in the contest 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Good luck lads it's just a shame we are short of numbers again this has been the case for quite a few years now but we always seem to rise above it and tough it out. How many years is it since we beat fev with Jonno playing. I'm confident this will improve under Chris. UTT. 

Good luck to the lads having to do it tough again today. Why are we the only club that seemingly has these problems.  For the second season in a row we could be denied a chance of promotion because we can't make a 17 man squad. Is it just bad luck or bad management? I honestly don't know the answer to that but I feel sorry for the lads out on the park today knowing before they step out the opposition have a big advantage. 

Backs to the wall stuff and hope they can pull it out of the bag. UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Good luck lads today,it's going to be really tough, just do the club n town proud.   Iam sure when this season is over Chris will get to grips with the job in hand and won't allow this to happen, we need bigger squad to compete, hence u always going to get injuries. 

Agreed . It’s to much of a recurring  theme and you work to get so close to what you’re trying to achieve and then just can’t seize the chance , when the frustrating thing it’s there against oppositions you’d have a good shot against 

Archived