Newcastle Thunder

Cumberland Sausage

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really feel for the forwards on a day like today. Against a quick team on a big pitch, it's going to be tough.

Injuries happen and cant be helped. The daft thing is, to play in the conference you need a 2nd team and teams at every age group. But we can play league 1 play off rugby and only need 13 players? 

Good luck boys.

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Good luck to the lads having to do it tough again today. Why are we the only club that seemingly has these problems.  For the second season in a row we could be denied a chance of promotion because we can't make a 17 man squad. Is it just bad luck or bad management? I honestly don't know the answer to that but I feel sorry for the lads out on the park today knowing before they step out the opposition have a big advantage. 

Backs to the wall stuff and hope they can pull it out of the bag. UTT!

It's not just been the last 2 seasons I can't think of another team who have this problem. I feel sorry for the fans who once again are travelling in numbers and the 13 guys who are gonna have to put in a full shift. Best of luck, it could get messy. UTT. 

As you say it’s been the last two seasons so why hasn’t your board done something about it? They’ve had plenty of time to sort it. Smallwood was in the press plenty of times saying you were making signings but they never materialised. Victims of your own making I’m afraid. 

6 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

As you say it’s been the last two seasons so why hasn’t your board done something about it? They’ve had plenty of time to sort it. Smallwood was in the press plenty of times saying you were making signings but they never materialised. Victims of your own making I’m afraid. 

Last season we got beat by Bradford in the playoff final. We had another go but it wasn’t a planned game so you can’t say it’s two seasons in a row.  Board can’t sign after the deadline. Injuries and bans arent the boards fault surely? We’ve had a shocker with injuries. Last year you nearly went bust. That’s the boards fault. 

Finally, what’s it got to do with you?

Good luck today town... On the topic of having less than 17...i think we need to sack DR off, it does us no favours in the long run, does not allow for forward planning and denies a lad a place also we have to look at a reserve/academy, thunder have 1, and alot of lads from it are now in 1st team squad! They are also taking the top young players from West cumbria.... Don't blame either the lads or thunder, I know it costs money but have to see it as a long term investment, hopefully CT will try Implement, we could have filled a bench today with academy/reserves

11 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Haven probably the only other team I can remember who have struggled to put our a full team, so less of the pontificating. 

31 minutes ago, Limmertime said:

think we need to sack DR off,

I’ve saw it’s benefits and and mentioned them in the past , because it’s there rather than supporting its premise - and against a backdrop of other teams going strong with it , but tbh after recent experience I agree with you . It’s a totally unreliable , inconsistent crutch on which to lean , and when you need it it often ain’t there . It should be kiyboshed across the league and everyone stands equally on their own two feet and there’s no distortion from this , which works from week to week . I’d also make loans longer term than a month , so fundamentally everyone has their squad to get together for the season and it’s transparent . There’s been teams going minimal and gorging on outside players 

Really feel sorry for our players ,they have been let down severely by the BOD ,it's one thing to have a small,but we lost key players long before the deadline miller just one example,and we attempted to patch it up with DR or loans which always lets you down .The BOD have serious questions to answer ,this is third season on the run where we have failed to have 17 on more than one occasion.No doubt I'll get the usual replies ,but instead of questioning me how about you question the people responsible for this sad state of affairs the BOD.

Not having a reserve team forces the use of DR I think. It's difficult to retain at 25+ man squad if your leaving lads out every week. 

Nobody at the start of the season could say we would be impacted so much by injuries/lads leaving. Litherland, miller, fieldhouse, olstrum, mellor, wilkes, sutton, lancaster etc. So hard to point the finger at the board. 

11 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Really feel sorry for our players ,they have been let down severely by the BOD ,it's one thing to have a small,but we lost key players long before the deadline miller just one example,and we attempted to patch it up with DR or loans which always lets you down .The BOD have serious questions to answer ,this is third season on the run where we have failed to have 17 on more than one occasion.No doubt I'll get the usual replies ,but instead of questioning me how about you question the people responsible for this sad state of affairs the BOD.

Who’s we?

20 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Pathetic. ?

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

It's been the last few seasons, haven have nearly went bust and had the begging bowl out, why hadn't your board done something about it? They’ve had plenty of time to sort it. Etc.... 

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's been the last few seasons, haven have nearly went bust and had the begging bowl out, why hadn't your board done something about it? They’ve had plenty of time to sort it. Etc.... 

Been sorted pal #Champions2019

1 minute ago, unicorn106 said:

Well done youve won a 3rd tier of RL. Congratulations see you in 2021.

When did town last win anything? Haven have won the championship, won league 2 been in 2 semi finals and a northern rail cup final all since town won there last final so we are proud obviously

9 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

When did town last win anything? Haven have won the championship, won league 2 been in 2 semi finals and a northern rail cup final all since town won there last final so we are proud obviously

Sorry but you won the league leaders shield, you've never won a final. Last thing we wo was the championship double in 94 but most Town fans don't even mention that because it was only the 2nd tier of RL and nowt to shout about now ####off. 

Archived