Newcastle Thunder

Cumberland Sausage

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Good dig from the lads against adversity, had only 11 fit players at the end but kept fighting. 

Cant  fault the effort, same as last year , so near but. Really need to sort squad numbers out next season. Cant  expect players to run on empty year on year.

Sterling effort by the guys out there , goes without saying . But the overriding emotion is just one of frustration , again . You work all year to earn a position from which you can achieve your goal , but we’ve virtually no chance before the start and are fighting with a hand tied . It’s ok making a virtue of it but it’s got to stop or we’re stuck here . And even more frustrating is these teams we play are no world beaters , but we’re in no position to take advantage . Well done those guys who turn out week in week out , training session after training session , but boy it’s got to be different come the pointy end 

Big effort from all of the players on probably the biggest field in the league which must have been energy sapping. 

Lads have played busted but the commitment was there and our attacking structure was really good always threatening 

thanks to the players for putting the pride back in the shirt 

Perry Singleton collosal today 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

5 minutes ago, bobg said:

Think we have not got grips with the extremely pedantic James Child. Good effort so far defence on our right hand side very poor.

We are very poor on that side and they are very good down the left so I am suprised the score was not bigger.Well done everyone in a Town Shirt they should not have to do that in a playoff game.

Positives for me are Blaine getting a full 80 mins and the fact Chris Thorman is with us for the next 3 seasons and he will ensure we have a big enough squad of committed players who buy into his style of play and I am sure he will be proud of the effort from his players today.

Well that wa something to be proud of. When we had territory and ball we looked very threatening. Pez was outstanding, and has been all season. I really like the look of marwood. Always there in support. Excited to see him again next year. Just like last week, Fui proving he is worthy of another deal. 39 years old and playing 80 mins!

Chin up lads. Can be proud of your efforts. Over to CT to do his stuff in the off season.

2 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Fui proving he is worthy of another deal. 39 years old and playing 80 mins

With his CV he could have come here and coasted a while for a bit of a pension top up , well out of the limelight , but he’s been an outstanding clubman . Bought into this club big style , gives everything . Can’t speak highly enough of him really 

They boys have done us all proud, fui perry  and bruie standouts for me, all the boys with huge efforts, with chris having a full pre season and his own squad we can produce something good 

Utt

Archived