Major League Baseball playoffs 2019

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/10/2019 at 07:22, gingerjon said:

It is. First time it's happened in any best of 7 series in any of the US sports.

Not a huge fan of the Nationals, and my Baltimore supporting best mate probably is in funeral attire today, and I really don't enjoy baseball that is *all* about the home run but ... credit to them for sticking in there, for some great pitching from both teams, and for a series that, whilst not a classic, went the distance.

Now, time to warm up the hot stove whilst our nation turns its lonely eyes to college hoops.

Cubs and Cardinals coming to London next year

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cubs and Cardinals coming to London next year

If the ticket prices are like last year I'll be watching on the TV

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Fair enough, thought I’d bump it up cos I know you like the Cubbies!

Thanks. I'm already registered. I did the same for the Boston-New York games last year. Wasn't able to log in at the time they went on sale and felt a big gutted then saw the prices - a decent view was around £300 IIRC - and decided not to bother. A few I know who went enjoyed it but I'm not sure I can get the maths in my head right about that level.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Thanks. I'm already registered. I did the same for the Boston-New York games last year. Wasn't able to log in at the time they went on sale and felt a big gutted then saw the prices - a decent view was around £300 IIRC - and decided not to bother. A few I know who went enjoyed it but I'm not sure I can get the maths in my head right about that level.

Yeah, that’s a lot money.

Its a long time ago since I attended a baseball game in America, but my impression was that it was more sliding scale affordable than say the NFL.

Archived