Furness lads up the coast.

Raider91

Having watched the workington game earlier and seen whitehaven success this year we have a number of local lads playing up the coast. 

Workington

Perry Singleton, Blain Marwood, Jonathon Walsh, Tyler Lancaster and Russell Bolton.

Whitehaven 

Sam Dowsett, Tom wilkinson, Matty While, Ruari Mcgoff, Ethan Kelly.

From what I've saw the standout players who would fit into our side would be Perry, Tom wilkinson and Sam Dowsett. I believe Perry maybe available but tom and sam are on two year deals at whitehaven. Ethan kelly and russ bolton looked good prospects and could potentially be good squad players. Blain and tyler are young up and coming players who maybe need a couple of years in league 1 to prove themselves. Matty while being out for the season hasn't helped his career not sure where that leaves him and ruari mcgoff best days are long behind him with Walsh in my opinion (and town fans) not up to the standard of the pro game. 

I think it would be great if we could get perry in looks a good centre who can play a few positions. If the opportunity to bring others in became available that would be good too, who out of the list would the fans like to see donning the raiders blue?

1 hour ago, Raider91 said:

Having watched the workington game earlier and seen whitehaven success this year we have a number of local lads playing up the coast. 

Workington

Perry Singleton, Blain Marwood, Jonathon Walsh, Tyler Lancaster and Russell Bolton.

Whitehaven 

Sam Dowsett, Tom wilkinson, Matty While, Ruari Mcgoff, Ethan Kelly.

From what I've saw the standout players who would fit into our side would be Perry, Tom wilkinson and Sam Dowsett. I believe Perry maybe available but tom and sam are on two year deals at whitehaven. Ethan kelly and russ bolton looked good prospects and could potentially be good squad players. Blain and tyler are young up and coming players who maybe need a couple of years in league 1 to prove themselves. Matty while being out for the season hasn't helped his career not sure where that leaves him and ruari mcgoff best days are long behind him with Walsh in my opinion (and town fans) not up to the standard of the pro game. 

I think it would be great if we could get perry in looks a good centre who can play a few positions. If the opportunity to bring others in became available that would be good too, who out of the list would the fans like to see donning the raiders blue?

I think you have Pez, the talk up here is he is joining you, great player and great lad, hope it's wrong but if not you have a goodun there. 

On 22/09/2019 at 22:05, Hate the rec said:

I think you have Pez, the talk up here is he is joining you, great player and great lad, hope it's wrong but if not you have a goodun there. 

He’s contracted to end of 2020 so hope that info is wrong. 

It's alright saying we will get this player and that player. We could have got some of these players first but didn't bother, they were given their chance by teams up the coast, what makes you think they'd be jumping at the chance to sign for barrow? Especially the lads who've just been promoted with whitehaven. 

Tom Heighton

58 minutes ago, Raider94 said:

It's alright saying we will get this player and that player. We could have got some of these players first but didn't bother, they were given their chance by teams up the coast, what makes you think they'd be jumping at the chance to sign for barrow? Especially the lads who've just been promoted with whitehaven. 

I’m not saying any of them are, but the answer to that question is money and less travel

Archived