Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raider91

Furness lads up the coast.

Recommended Posts

Having watched the workington game earlier and seen whitehaven success this year we have a number of local lads playing up the coast. 

Workington

Perry Singleton, Blain Marwood, Jonathon Walsh, Tyler Lancaster and Russell Bolton.

Whitehaven 

Sam Dowsett, Tom wilkinson, Matty While, Ruari Mcgoff, Ethan Kelly.

From what I've saw the standout players who would fit into our side would be Perry, Tom wilkinson and Sam Dowsett. I believe Perry maybe available but tom and sam are on two year deals at whitehaven. Ethan kelly and russ bolton looked good prospects and could potentially be good squad players. Blain and tyler are young up and coming players who maybe need a couple of years in league 1 to prove themselves. Matty while being out for the season hasn't helped his career not sure where that leaves him and ruari mcgoff best days are long behind him with Walsh in my opinion (and town fans) not up to the standard of the pro game. 

I think it would be great if we could get perry in looks a good centre who can play a few positions. If the opportunity to bring others in became available that would be good too, who out of the list would the fans like to see donning the raiders blue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raider91 said:

Having watched the workington game earlier and seen whitehaven success this year we have a number of local lads playing up the coast. 

Workington

Perry Singleton, Blain Marwood, Jonathon Walsh, Tyler Lancaster and Russell Bolton.

Whitehaven 

Sam Dowsett, Tom wilkinson, Matty While, Ruari Mcgoff, Ethan Kelly.

From what I've saw the standout players who would fit into our side would be Perry, Tom wilkinson and Sam Dowsett. I believe Perry maybe available but tom and sam are on two year deals at whitehaven. Ethan kelly and russ bolton looked good prospects and could potentially be good squad players. Blain and tyler are young up and coming players who maybe need a couple of years in league 1 to prove themselves. Matty while being out for the season hasn't helped his career not sure where that leaves him and ruari mcgoff best days are long behind him with Walsh in my opinion (and town fans) not up to the standard of the pro game. 

I think it would be great if we could get perry in looks a good centre who can play a few positions. If the opportunity to bring others in became available that would be good too, who out of the list would the fans like to see donning the raiders blue?

I think you have Pez, the talk up here is he is joining you, great player and great lad, hope it's wrong but if not you have a goodun there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2019 at 22:05, Hate the rec said:

I think you have Pez, the talk up here is he is joining you, great player and great lad, hope it's wrong but if not you have a goodun there. 

He’s contracted to end of 2020 so hope that info is wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's alright saying we will get this player and that player. We could have got some of these players first but didn't bother, they were given their chance by teams up the coast, what makes you think they'd be jumping at the chance to sign for barrow? Especially the lads who've just been promoted with whitehaven. 

  • Like 2

Tom Heighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Raider94 said:

It's alright saying we will get this player and that player. We could have got some of these players first but didn't bother, they were given their chance by teams up the coast, what makes you think they'd be jumping at the chance to sign for barrow? Especially the lads who've just been promoted with whitehaven. 

I’m not saying any of them are, but the answer to that question is money and less travel

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, millomite said:

I’m not saying any of them are, but the answer to that question is money and less travel

Travel is massive .... thats why Barrow struggles to attract as many people from the Lancashire pool historically. 

 

Edited by B4RR0W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

One of your ex-players Andrew Dawson has been immense since he signed for Town , firmly established as one of our top forwards .

Was gutted when we let bruie go. Awesome player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 12:59, Barroooww said:

Was gutted when we let bruie go. Awesome player 

Are there any Furness lads locally that could accompany them ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 12:59, Barroooww said:

Was gutted when we let bruie go. Awesome player 

I don’t think Barrow let him go, doesn’t he work at Sellafield and live up that way and didn’t want the travel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Vet said:

I don’t think Barrow let him go, doesn’t he work at Sellafield and live up that way and didn’t want the travel? 

Yes that was the case. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...