Toronto draw crowd of 9,325, Warrington draw crowd of 5,625

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto going up with an average gate of 8,000 (conservative estimate) and London going down would boost the whole league’s average attendance by about 500, and maybe more as I expect away crowds will be bigger to see TWP than they are London. Yet a lot of posters here still think Tolouse are a better bet to raise the profile of SL and some would be happy to see the back of the likes of HKR and Cas to get them in. 

But they aren't real home-grown RL fans - when will people understand?

1 Warrington fan is equivalent to 10 Canada casuals.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

please please please rename the Canadian national team to the Canadian Casuals.. its got to be worth it!

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

In all serious Johnny, Elstone and his Super League buddies will make the game look the laughing stock of British sport if they turn down Toronto  for a Super League place if Toronto win the Championship Grand Final

It’s gonna be crowded when a SL club brings 1000s of fans for their first trip to Toronto.

Especially so if Toronto sports fans see the English fans singing in a big group and think it’d be a good day out at the rugby in Toronto.

2 minutes ago, Copa said:

It’s gonna be crowded when a SL club brings 1000s of fans for their first trip to Toronto.

Especially so if Toronto sports fans see the English fans singing in a big group and think it’d be a good day out at the rugby in Toronto.

I cannot wait for Leeds to go there.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Your so right Blind, how can they possibly be RL fans when there sat in the sunshine enjoying themselves with smile's on their faces, scandalous! The sooner people realise it's a drinks festival with a few blokes messing about on a stripey bit of plastic the better. And there's lots of kids who have been dragged their against their will, and, and groups of good looking, hot women too!!!!

(Dons tin hat and wonders if Parkys bunker will be deep enough to withstand the fallout from that last comment)?

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Wonder how Toronto will go with a Thursday evening kick off.

That will be a Thursday afternoon game here. Just one of the details that have to be worked out.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:27, The Future is League said:

I In all serious Johnny, Elstone and his Super League buddies will make the game look the laughing stock of British sport if they turn down Toronto  for a Super League place if Toronto win the Championship Grand Final

couldn't agree more, as much as I  would prefer Toulouse to gain SLE entry if Toronto are denied after winning the GF, I will be finished with the  sport for good,

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Your so right Blind, how can they possibly be RL fans when there sat in the sunshine enjoying themselves with smile's on their faces, scandalous! The sooner people realise it's a drinks festival with a few blokes messing about on a stripey bit of plastic the better

There was a short video posted I think by Sky Sports Canada yesterday on Twitter showing TWP fans enjoying the game...I thought people were being ironic, like you, and saying 'this is embarrassing' but no they actually meant it because they were not the usual RL crowd doing the usual RL thing.  God do we need some new blood/energy in the game!

7 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

If they're rejected for a good reason (these unpaid bills keep cropping up) and it's explained ill accept it.  But otherwise they must be allowed up if they win.  Would be great for the game.

Plenty of Super League clubs haven't paid their bills on time in the past.

5 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

It's easy to attract a large number through the gates if you are constantly seen as the invincible s . Would such high number turn up if they were in the SL and lost 1/2 of their home games or more ?

Conversely, victory after victory (sometimes very easy wins to boot) can become dull and lose interest. It isn't like the Canadians have never come across competitive sport before.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

It's easy to attract a large number through the gates if you are constantly seen as the invincible s . Would such high number turn up if they were in the SL and lost 1/2 of their home games or more ?

I don't think it's easy at all.

23 minutes ago, Damien said:

Plenty of Super League clubs haven't paid their bills on time in the past.

I'm not sure you can compare a longstanding member club to a new member who has to fund transatlantic travel and an entirely foreign playing squad.  Like I say, hopefully the RFL have asked for an explanation and received a good one.

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Conversely, victory after victory (sometimes very easy wins to boot) can become dull and lose interest. It isn't like the Canadians have never come across competitive sport before.

I'd agree in Part but remember it is also a very new and novelty sport at the moment too .

14 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Yes.

Archived