Wigan in discussions with Canberra for a trial game

Copa

1 hour ago, Allora said:

The are hoping Wigan will bring Morgan Smithies so they can sign him up and save travelling to the Old Dart to get his signature.

?

Maybe Canberra have signed up to the  Wigan loyalty card, after getting a stamp for three signings they get one free.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

20,000 tickets already sold for their playoff game.

Will the game in Canberra set a record for English involvement (6)?Two Burgess' lads from  Souths plus Sutton, Hodgson, Bateman and Whitehead.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

24 minutes ago, audois said:

Will the game in Canberra set a record for English involvement (6)?Two Burgess' lads from  Souths plus Sutton, Hodgson, Bateman and Whitehead.

This question came up recently on a match thread. I'll try to find the answer. There is one technicality: Bob Fulton, though considered Australian, was born in Warrington so some of those games where Manly had Reilly and Fulton might come into it.

13 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Could be 7, with 3 Burgess

Interesting. Next year it could have been 8 with Williams' arrival. But is it George Burgess who's leaving for Wigan next season. In soccer France World cup holders twice 2018/1998 but nearly all their squads played overseas. NRL is king. Tonga and other Island teams in their slipe stream too.Changing world.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Personally as a Wigan fan, I could do without any friendlies like this.  Best wishes to any other club that wants to get involved.

The WCC is what it is and if Wigan were to win the GF (a lot to do first) I suppose it would play.  But with 29 matches plus the Cup, the competition nearly strangled Wigans early season this year as it was.

Is this a moan?  I suppose it is. 

27 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Personally as a Wigan fan, I could do without any friendlies like this.  Best wishes to any other club that wants to get involved.

The WCC is what it is and if Wigan were to win the GF (a lot to do first) I suppose it would play.  But with 29 matches plus the Cup, the competition nearly strangled Wigans early season this year as it was.

Is this a moan?  I suppose it is. 

You believe the WCC was to blame for Wigan’s early season “form”? Interesting view, not heard that one before. 

44 minutes ago, audois said:

Interesting. Next year it could have been 8 with Williams' arrival. But is it George Burgess who's leaving for Wigan next season. In soccer France World cup holders twice 2018/1998 but nearly all their squads played overseas. NRL is king. Tonga and other Island teams in their slipe stream too.Changing world.

Yeah indeed. George has gone off the boil the past couple of years and has had minimal involvement this year but I’d still expect him to feature in the 17. Sam has also not been his best this year 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You believe the WCC was to blame for Wigan’s early season “form”? Interesting view, not heard that one before. 

Well Farrell got injured, missed a fair part of the season. Wigan for various reasons were distracted for half the season.

I myself me singly on my own individually solely and solitarily am being selfish in saying I'd prefer to just concentrate on the league.

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well Farrell got injured, missed a fair part of the season. Wigan for various reasons were distracted for half the season.

I myself me singly on my own individually solely and solitarily am being selfish in saying I'd prefer to just concentrate on the league.

Farrell might have got injured in a regular season match instead. You can't blame the nationality of the opponents on somethig so unpredictable. And I'd like to see my team get a good, competitive warm-up match before the season gets under way. If that match is against Canberra with their Wigan connections of Williams, Sutton and Bateman, then that's something sellable.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived