Match Thread: Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 29th September 2019

marklaspalmas

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Really couldn't care less, just an educated guess.

i have never understood the phrase "an educated guess", why is that different to just "a guess". Does having an education mean all your guesses are "educated"?  Sill, tomorrow rolls on. Another , too close to call, match. 

Going to stick my neck out on this we beat them the other week if we had of been  on sky the tries would have gone upto the video ref and i think they would have gone our way, I dont think we will let them into the game as easy next time if we go in front,they are a good team at backing up and throwing the ball out but if we smother the ball we will win,  tackle hard and push them back and the games ours ,im going Rovers by at least 10 

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

i have never understood the phrase "an educated guess", why is that different to just "a guess". Does having an education mean all your guesses are "educated"?  Sill, tomorrow rolls on. Another , too close to call, match. 

An educated guess is when you look at the available material and come to a conclusion that is not concrete but the partial evidence brings you to that conclusion.

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Good luck today Rovers, it is a big ask, but give your all and whatever the result is the Supporters will be proud. UTR.

Get into their ribs. Don't be bullied and you will come up trumps.

22 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Won good money on the gee gees.Off to Bet Fred in Ponty to back us against Toulouse.Ill let you know what price I get.?

Old saying Blue Pike Money comes to Money.Hope you are drawing,When i was manager of William Hills, Ferrybridge John Marsdens dad had a tenner on Fev at 33/1 to win the R.L. Cup 82/83 season. He was first to the counter when i opened up Monday morning and of course i paid up with a smile.On the match day i passed a Mecca office in Wembley and they offered 11/10 Fev +14 start so i emptied my pockets only £29 left on Fev and drew the winnings on the way back to Wembley Central after the match.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Old saying Blue Pike Money comes to Money.Hope you are drawing,When i was manager of William Hills, Ferrybridge John Marsdens dad had a tenner on Fev at 33/1 to win the R.L. Cup 82/83 season. He was first to the counter when i opened up Monday morning and of course i paid up with a smile.On the match day i passed a Mecca office in Wembley and they offered 11/10 Fev +14 start so i emptied my pockets only £29 left on Fev and drew the winnings on the way back to Wembley Central after the match.

Yes my Grandad had the same bet when he was at Wembley. Sad times at that Ferrybridge william Hill as it is closing down today.

I couldn’t give a toss about winning on the bet. I would gladly give £400 out of my winnings today ( yes had another good day on the gee gees) if Fev won . But lets all not build ourselves up for a fall. Regardless of the result we have had a great season. Just off to watch it with my son and Grand kids. UTR .

AFCC1B4B-301D-481E-BA09-0F5CE173604E.jpeg

On 27/09/2019 at 16:28, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't think the away league game (if that's what you meant) will have much relevance to Sunday's game, that was played in very boggy conditions whereas it's forecast to be 25-30 degrees on Sunday (glad we are playing in the evening), we didn't have our current halves (but did have Briscoe and Newman) whilst they laos had a few missing including Stan Robin.

Most bookies seem to be +10 not +12 and FWIW I'd rather back us at 11-4 to win the game outright than take the 10pt start at 10-11, think we have a definite shot but equally when Toulouse get on a roll at home they can pile up points quickly.

Not looking too bad at the moment

Archived