Match Thread: Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 29th September 2019

marklaspalmas

Toulouse offered more of an attacking threat than Toronto who seem to play percentage rugby.If fully recovered i think our pack will at least match  or better Torontos.Only fear is that Torontos left side attack may trouble our right side defence.Would like John Davies covering that but he is invaluable with his defence all over the field.He reads the game so well confirmed by his follow up on Chissys kicks.Ryan Carr has studied the match videos because the Toulouse full back was in the defensive line and not sweeping the goal area which opened it up for Chissy and Davies.As an ex Bookie i would price the game up as 4/7 Toronto 6/4 Fev so we have proved allready we can beat the odds.Win or lose WHAT A SEASON.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still cant believe it - still cant believe we are really 80 mins away from SL

Im just slightly too young to have enjoyed some of the real high points 73, 77, 83 etc etc

Of course the 4 years of championship dominance was great and the GF win was great but id happily trade all those happy memories to reach the top even if it was just a one season stay 

What a week we have coming up - the interest in the club, town etc will be its highest it has seen in a fair while

Haven't watched the game back yet but what impressed me on first viewing was how we absorbed everything they threw at us in the early stages and seemed to mentally break them.

Although we took an early lead, in that first 20 minutes or so they were eating up yardage, winning all the collisions and looked dangerous on nearly every set.

But we took everything they threw at us and the snap and purpose seemed to fall away from Toulouse as they realised we weren't breaking, and they looked the more tired team in the heat. For a part-time team to do that to a full-time one is remarkable.

Then just when they briefly threatened a revival, Bussey, who was quiet overall, pulled off a superlative tackle a yard out when a try seemed certain, on the next play they kicked the ball straight at Chisholm, and the rest was history.

On a side note, I doubt we have had a team that scored so many long-range tries since the days of Newlove, Bibby etc. Chisholm must have scored six or seven from his own half this year, and now two long-range ones from Jack Johnson.

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Still cant believe it - still cant believe we are really 80 mins away from SL

Im just slightly too young to have enjoyed some of the real high points 73, 77, 83 etc etc

Of course the 4 years of championship dominance was great and the GF win was great but id happily trade all those happy memories to reach the top even if it was just a one season stay 

What a week we have coming up - the interest in the club, town etc will be its highest it has seen in a fair while

Well done Fev.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

It was absolutely bouncing at the game yesterday, what a brilliant performance by the lads and from all the supporters who made the trip over.

I’m  still on a on huge high, last couple of beers before heading back to the airport.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Archived