Barla Resignation

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

They'll not do that, a lot of £££££££££'s tied up in the association

Yes but that money doesn’t belong to Barla. The money belongs to the district leagues which in turn belongs to the clubs. It’s well & good sitting on over £900k but when none of it is going to help any club what’s the point? Seems like Barla have forgotten why they was formed in the 1st place 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Marauder said:

IMO clubs are going because of the lack of info coming out of HQ, a typical example is the start of the season, at the AGM it was the first week in October, then a few weeks ago it's changed to last weekend without a reason given, I didn't find out till  about 10 days before it started, they need to realise we're not all sat at home all day, the two weeks prior to the date being change I'd been running between Stirling, Irvine, Leicester, Stafford, Portsmouth and Bourne and the demand could be in any order. 

Is it true that the same people on the Barla board are the same people on the Pennine board? Now that seems very strange if true.

1 minute ago, Nintendo64 said:

Yes but that money doesn’t belong to Barla. The money belongs to the district leagues which in turn belongs to the clubs. It’s well & good sitting on over £900k but when none of it is going to help any club what’s the point? Seems like Barla have forgotten why they was formed in the 1st place 

That's an hard one really, you could pump money into a Pennine club then the next day it could have gone to play in the YML, It would be better off providing 2 or 3 training camps per year on coaching, first aid and club management.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

2 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Is it true that the same people on the Barla board are the same people on the Pennine board? Now that seems very strange if true.

Probably yes, but when you've only got the Pennine league it's going to happen.

Just now, Marauder said:

That's an hard one really, you could pump money into a Pennine club then the next day it could have gone to play in the YML, It would be better off providing 2 or 3 training camps per year on coaching, first aid and club management.

Yes I see your point there. Yes spending money on things that will benefit all clubs regardless of leagues

Just now, Marauder said:

It does but where would you draw a committee from ?

Well surely there must have been people on Barla board that was not on the Pennine board. It sounds both being the same only secures those in situ. No wonder nobody wants to join Barla.

Just now, Nintendo64 said:

100% agree. But clearly there are less district leagues & therefore less clubs

Then they're clubs without a district, at the point of Donny being kicked out it had more clubs than the South West Yorkshire district but they voted in a different way to us ?

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Then they're clubs without a district, at the point of Donny being kicked out it had more clubs than the South West Yorkshire district but they voted in a different way to us ?

Why does that not surprise me.

3 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Why does that not surprise me.

One club left straight away and joined the YML, the second followed a little afterwards, came back to winter and now gone back to summer because of the management, the remaining club will be having a meeting in the next week to discuss their future after the response to last weeks farce, at the moment we've got 42 players that are either on a pennine register that has many players different to the RFL register and a RFL register that has players that are not on the pennine register, we hadve 3 new signings and around a dozen waiting to be transferred back (Most applied for over a week before the start date)

The Pennine has a deadline of 72 hours before kick-off to state your going to play the following Saturdays game, we brought the problems we had to the power that be and that we couldn't play none registered players because they wouldn't be insured, we got told to select from the RFL register that numbered 13 at the time with only 8 being available, we spoke to the opposition who where willing to play the game at a later date but got told by the Pennine league that we couldn't, because of this the players said fukc them we want to go summer next season because the RFL try their best to get games played.

44 minutes ago, Marauder said:

One club left straight away and joined the YML, the second followed a little afterwards, came back to winter and now gone back to summer because of the management, the remaining club will be having a meeting in the next week to discuss their future after the response to last weeks farce, at the moment we've got 42 players that are either on a pennine register that has many players different to the RFL register and a RFL register that has players that are not on the pennine register, we hadve 3 new signings and around a dozen waiting to be transferred back (Most applied for over a week before the start date)

The Pennine has a deadline of 72 hours before kick-off to state your going to play the following Saturdays game, we brought the problems we had to the power that be and that we couldn't play none registered players because they wouldn't be insured, we got told to select from the RFL register that numbered 13 at the time with only 8 being available, we spoke to the opposition who where willing to play the game at a later date but got told by the Pennine league that we couldn't, because of this the players said fukc them we want to go summer next season because the RFL try their best to get games played.

Wow, WTH, that’s a very simple solution because your opposition said they would play at a later date so what was the problem? No wonder the Pennine are losing teams left right & centre. Stubbornness can be a dangerous thing & they have only themselves to blame for such a diabolical decision. But surely other teams must be having the same problem as you. If they treat them the way they have treated you them they will lose even more teams to the YML. Ignorance can be a decision that can not be reversed if you refuse to listen to people.

2 hours ago, del capo said:

We were the 'momentum ' party of RL at  the time,

Far greater gifted people at the top  then in play  than now

But cutting the politics , its the Admin that counts.. Get the the games on , That's why NCL thrives.......

Back to politics  - in  the long past a  then President  of Barla recommended  to the Board  that every team in Barla had two votes  one to be placed via the District League and one through  it's Regional playing one.  Would have delivered true democracy  to the amateur voice  and kept the structures bound together.. 

But not to be as it terrified them.. but it really now  is the only way back.....That president retired  ( for that and other reasons )....... and  'Momentum '  perhaps lost ........ These days perhaps at Barla  a pot of gold left for scavengers? 

Did it have to come to this ?  Who knows ?

That  retired  President  though remains committed to the Cause but  good luck to the Retiring  Barla trustees ....hand shakes after turning kids sides  out in the rain on Oldham Edge will never be forgotten...,,,,,

Really is a sad state of affairs when you see what Barla once was & what it is today.

23 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

Wow, WTH, that’s a very simple solution because your opposition said they would play at a later date so what was the problem? No wonder the Pennine are losing teams left right & centre. Stubbornness can be a dangerous thing & they have only themselves to blame for such a diabolical decision. But surely other teams must be having the same problem as you. If they treat them the way they have treated you them they will lose even more teams to the YML. Ignorance can be a decision that can not be reversed if you refuse to listen to people.

Just checked out player list, it's the same as it was Friday, it's Wednesday tomorrow and I make it if the transfers aren't completed by around 3pm we'll be giving another game away by the 72 hour result.

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Just checked out player list, it's the same as it was Friday, it's Wednesday tomorrow and I make it if the transfers aren't completed by around 3pm we'll be giving another game away by the 72 hour result.

I sincerely hope this is not the case

2 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

I sincerely hope this is not the case

I was up at 3.15am to go to Scotland this morning, I'm going to bed now as I'm up at the same time tomorrow morning to go to Cricklewood and will not get back till around 6pm, so it will be a case of if the transferred and players lists haven't been sorted making the dreaded phone call to Sherburn.

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I was up at 3.15am to go to Scotland this morning, I'm going to bed now as I'm up at the same time tomorrow morning to go to Cricklewood and will not get back till around 6pm, so it will be a case of if the transferred and players lists haven't been sorted making the dreaded phone call to Sherburn.

You will have to let me know 

• 1 month later...
On 30/11/2019 at 02:02, Little no it all said:

I might be wrong but BARLA is now owned by trustees who are no longer on any BARLA committees  

I believe that the trustees are directors like everyone else on the board. That’s what it says on companies house.

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2019 at 10:47, Nintendo64 said:

Really is a sad state of affairs when you see what Barla once was & what it is today.

The way to save BARLA  would be to commit harakiri and let fresh blood take up the reins, plenty of good people on the outside looking in with fresh ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived