Barla Resignation

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barla became a limited company in 2017.

The 2018 accounts ( the last ones lodged at Companies House ) suggested  assets in excess of 918k.

Those assets are ring fenced by the Articles of Association to benefit the community game or in the event of demise to transfer them to a body with a similar function. Not it seems simply to be divided up......

2 hours ago, del capo said:

Barla became a limited company in 2017.

The 2018 accounts ( the last ones lodged at Companies House ) suggested  assets in excess of 918k.

Those assets are ring fenced by the Articles of Association to benefit the community game or in the event of demise to transfer them to a body with a similar function. Not it seems simply to be divided up......

Therefore the money would not go to the district leagues and would not be passed down to the clubs

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Little no it all said:

I think del capo & Nintendo might need check again cos BARLA members have changed who own it and correct me if I am wrong it’s now owned by 3 people now 

I’ve just looked on companies house and nothing has changed apart from the name which was done in March this year. 
Would like to know what your talking about or better still where you got that information from

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Little no it all said:

no accounts available via there own web link 

why would a organisation formed in 1973 change its name at companies house in March this year without announcing it to its members do I really need to explain myself 

I believe it was announced to the members at an AGM in 2018

19 hours ago, Little no it all said:

When did Phil Bradbury (Open Age) Oldham ARL and Anita Halliwell (Open Age) Pennine ARL get elected 

They have both been on some time now. I think maybe 8 years or maybe more but don’t quote me on that one

On 23/05/2020 at 01:51, Little no it all said:

Read the BARLA web site and it lists board members and it clearly misses one trustee 

You clearly have a bee in your bonnet

Please share your problem with the rest of us

Barla currently in fairly good hands  with Sue as far as I am concerned

15 minutes ago, del capo said:

Maybe not a bee in their pocket, maybe the fact they want to know or question what is going on at BARLA. Not everyone is in the know and sometimes not knowing makes you question that there is something wrong

On 26/05/2020 at 15:22, del capo said:

To much chaff around her IMO, I like Sue but she's dug an hole and to get out of it she requires new blood to assist her bring the winter game into this century 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

46 minutes ago, Marauder said:

To much chaff around her IMO, I like Sue but she's dug an hole and to get out of it she requires new blood to assist her bring the winter game into this century 

Totally agree, but who? That’s the problem

12 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

Totally agree, but who? That’s the problem

Plenty of people out there, 1/ pushing them away has to stop, 2/ the fear of new administrators wanting to take control needs to be sorted, 3/ a pow wow and plan for the future needs sorting, 4/ the whole governance needs to be transparent, for some reason the admin haven't worked it out that clubs do talk to each other by email and Facebook, last season a new league system was put forward, it was knocked back yet the originator had over 20 messages of support from the club's (that's over 50%)

• 10 months later...

Well according to the BARLA constitution in the event of dissolution any money left after liabilities goes to the Regional Leagues!

15. Dissolution

(15.1)    A resolution to dissolve BARLA shall be proposed as a Two Thirds Resolution at a General assembly meeting.  

(15.2)    The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the Board of Management shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of BARLA.

(15.3)    Any property remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of BARLA shall be divided equally among the fully paid up affiliated members/playing members at the date of dissolution.

(15.4)    In the event of dissolution, monies held in the accounts of BARLA for distribution evenly amongst the fully paid up affiliated District/playing Member Leagues at the date of dissolution, shall be conditional upon:   

1. All debts outstanding having been recovered at source and liabilities paid in full; and
    2. liquidation of the premises and equipment therein owned by BARLA.

44 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Well according to the BARLA constitution in the event of dissolution any money left after liabilities goes to the Regional Leagues!

15. Dissolution

(15.1)    A resolution to dissolve BARLA shall be proposed as a Two Thirds Resolution at a General assembly meeting.  

(15.2)    The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the Board of Management shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of BARLA.

(15.3)    Any property remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of BARLA shall be divided equally among the fully paid up affiliated members/playing members at the date of dissolution.

(15.4)    In the event of dissolution, monies held in the accounts of BARLA for distribution evenly amongst the fully paid up affiliated District/playing Member Leagues at the date of dissolution, shall be conditional upon:   

1. All debts outstanding having been recovered at source and liabilities paid in full; and
    2. liquidation of the premises and equipment therein owned by BARLA.

I would love to help sort out that legal and financial  minefield but seriously I think it's a bit premature to be booking the burial plot whilst the body although struggling is still very much alive

21 hours ago, del capo said:

I would love to help sort out that legal and financial  minefield but seriously I think it's a bit premature to be booking the burial plot whilst the body although struggling is still very much alive

I wouldn’t say struggling mate, totally ineffective with no leadership or direction for years!

The time has long since past for BARLA to either accept it needs fully reformed, starting with a blank sheet of paper to find a place within the running of the modern game, or the doors are closed and the money (if the regionals agree) could be handed over to one of the independent community foundations to invest and offer funding to help set up brand new community clubs throughout the country.

This could come in the form of a 2 stage grant, with the initial starter pack to include help and detailed information to start off the club, including constitution, bank accounts, how to form a working committee, structure of meetings etc.

The second stage once the new club have a working management structure would be a pre-designed templates to help them to advertise with editable social media artwork, as well as physical posters, leaflets and banners, and the all important training equipment with a few balls, tackle bags, cones etc. to get them started. I wouldn't offer money for a strip as those bigger items seem to look after themselves with sponsorship.

I would even extend the scheme to pay 50% of the costs for getting a couple of qualified coaches and first aiders.

You could say the above new clubs starter grant might cost £1000, but the benefits would be worth far more to the game as a whole.

One thing I wouldn't be in favour of, is giving all the funds to the RFL, who going by previous history would just waste them, or give them the money to the Regional Leagues for the same reason.  

On 22/03/2020 at 14:16, Nintendo64 said:

The District are the ones who own Barla. Because Barla is made up of all the district leagues

The gang in charge now got rid of some district leagues including my own and kept leagues with just one team in it, was that because they voted for every agenda the gang made, my league voted to back Stuart Prior for the BARLA leadership, all 3 clubs have now switched to summer.

21 hours ago, del capo said:

The powers that be will not listen to change, they act like a WMC committee who think that doing what they did in the 1960's will suffice in 2021 - They will not listen or make an effort to change.

Archived