Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Newcastle Thunder

Newcastle v Doncaster - forward thinking

6 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

So the league teams are rendered to being a curtain raiser. How is this forward thinking? 

It was their only option, all through the Newc v Town game they were saying they didn’t know were there next game would be if they won. The joys of ground sharing and too many play off games.

HW

13 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Might have misunderstood it but, does this mean thunder fans can get into the falcons game for free but falcons fans have to pay to get into the thunder game?

Falcons fans can also enter early with their ticket 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

So the league teams are rendered to being a curtain raiser. How is this forward thinking? 

Can’t really have the Union game as a curtain raiser, the fatties would churn the pitch up too much 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

So giving union fans a free ride to see the superior product is forward thinking?

Yes, they might enjoy it and come back. 

• Like 2

Just now, DoubleD said:

Can’t really have the Union game as a curtain raiser, the fatties would churn the pitch up too much 

Churning up a plastic pitch would be going some 🙂

Would be good if some extra people turn up to watch.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

I don't see any positives here

Why doesn't that surprise me,got relations in Kent by any chance ?

• Haha 7

26 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

I don't see any positives here

There may just be, it could be that some of those Falconers may just watch the RL match and then realising what is to follow what a load of *coal that other code is, *it is Newcastle after all.

I have said this before, a pub I used to frequent got a new landlord who was a staunch Rugger type, some his chums followed him as customers to his establishment especially when a rugger game was being broadcast on TV, now there happened to be a day when both a league and union games were on at the same time, there was two televisions on a larger wall probably some 3 mtrs apart which he put on both games, to witness each game in action simultaneously was quite astounding, the union game looked so slow and pedestrian in fact the amount of time there was no activity at all was quite eye opening, I always knew it was slow but to watch it in comparison to the League game was the best argument I could ever give as to which is best game to watch without saying a word.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 10

37 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

Ah the Toronto model🙄

Yes. But obviously you don’t think getting new people along to games to see if they like it is a way to get new fans. How would you go about it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Themusician_2 said:

There have been double headers at Kingston Park before. It was disheartening seeing thousands of people leaving the ground before the start of Thunder’s game.

Next week there will be hundreds of Falcons fans arriving early that may never have seen a live RL game. Some will be impressed, some will cheer Newcastle on. 

I think it’s good forward thinking. 

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, T Paul said:

There have been double headers at Kingston Park before. It was disheartening seeing thousands of people leaving the ground before the start of Thunder’s game.

Next week there will be hundreds of Falcons fans arriving early that may never have seen a live RL game. Some will be impressed, some will cheer Newcastle on. 

I think it’s good forward thinking. 

Can you stop being so positive please, this a RL forum you know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

Yes, how dare they expose the far greater number of union fans in Newcastle to TGG.... Next thing you know the Falcons fans might start supporting the Thunder once the Union season is done

Plum! 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

There may just be, it could be that some of those Falconers may just watch the RL match and then realising what is to follow what a load of *coal that other code is, *it is Newcastle after all.

I have said this before, a pub I used to frequent got a new landlord who was a staunch Rugger type, some his chums followed him as customers to his establishment especially when a rugger game was being broadcast on TV, now there happened to be a day when both a league and union games were on at the same time, there was two televisions on a larger wall probably some 3 mtrs apart which he put on both games, to witness each game in action simultaneously was quite astounding, the union game looked so slow and pedestrian in fact the amount of time there was no activity at all was quite eye opening, I always knew it was slow but to watch it in comparison to the League game was the best argument I could ever give as to which is best game to watch without saying a word.

I'm half way through today's game (on record from this morning).... I'm about 2 hours in

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes, how dare they expose the far greater number of union fans in Newcastle to TGG.... Next thing you know the Falcons fans might start supporting the Thunder once the Union season is done

Plum! 

How many fans did Broncos pick up from Harlequins? Genuine question. 

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Quite a few at the time, they used to get decent gates. Then they moved miles away. 

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Met quite a few when we played there but none now that I know.... In London terms the move to North London was vast so many wouldn't have wanted to travel

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm half way through today's game (on record from this morning).... I'm about 2 hours in

Did you fall asleep?