Newcastle v Doncaster - forward thinking

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

So the league teams are rendered to being a curtain raiser. How is this forward thinking? 

It was their only option, all through the Newc v Town game they were saying they didn’t know were there next game would be if they won. The joys of ground sharing and too many play off games.

HW

Just now, DoubleD said:

Can’t really have the Union game as a curtain raiser, the fatties would churn the pitch up too much 

Churning up a plastic pitch would be going some ?

Would be good if some extra people turn up to watch.

26 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

I don't see any positives here

There may just be, it could be that some of those Falconers may just watch the RL match and then realising what is to follow what a load of *coal that other code is, *it is Newcastle after all.

I have said this before, a pub I used to frequent got a new landlord who was a staunch Rugger type, some his chums followed him as customers to his establishment especially when a rugger game was being broadcast on TV, now there happened to be a day when both a league and union games were on at the same time, there was two televisions on a larger wall probably some 3 mtrs apart which he put on both games, to witness each game in action simultaneously was quite astounding, the union game looked so slow and pedestrian in fact the amount of time there was no activity at all was quite eye opening, I always knew it was slow but to watch it in comparison to the League game was the best argument I could ever give as to which is best game to watch without saying a word.

1 hour ago, Themusician_2 said:

So the league teams are rendered to being a curtain raiser. How is this forward thinking? 

There have been double headers at Kingston Park before. It was disheartening seeing thousands of people leaving the ground before the start of Thunder’s game.

Next week there will be hundreds of Falcons fans arriving early that may never have seen a live RL game. Some will be impressed, some will cheer Newcastle on. 

I think it’s good forward thinking. 

29 minutes ago, T Paul said:

There have been double headers at Kingston Park before. It was disheartening seeing thousands of people leaving the ground before the start of Thunder’s game.

Next week there will be hundreds of Falcons fans arriving early that may never have seen a live RL game. Some will be impressed, some will cheer Newcastle on. 

I think it’s good forward thinking. 

Can you stop being so positive please, this a RL forum you know. 

2 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

Yes, how dare they expose the far greater number of union fans in Newcastle to TGG.... Next thing you know the Falcons fans might start supporting the Thunder once the Union season is done

Plum! 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

There may just be, it could be that some of those Falconers may just watch the RL match and then realising what is to follow what a load of *coal that other code is, *it is Newcastle after all.

I have said this before, a pub I used to frequent got a new landlord who was a staunch Rugger type, some his chums followed him as customers to his establishment especially when a rugger game was being broadcast on TV, now there happened to be a day when both a league and union games were on at the same time, there was two televisions on a larger wall probably some 3 mtrs apart which he put on both games, to witness each game in action simultaneously was quite astounding, the union game looked so slow and pedestrian in fact the amount of time there was no activity at all was quite eye opening, I always knew it was slow but to watch it in comparison to the League game was the best argument I could ever give as to which is best game to watch without saying a word.

I'm half way through today's game (on record from this morning).... I'm about 2 hours in

Archived