Newcastle v Doncaster - forward thinking

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the same token, Thunder fans don't need to pay for the Falcons game afterwards.

What kind of musician are you, a drummer? 

One day a drummer decided he was going to become a proper musician. So he went to the music shop to buy an instrument or two. The shopkeeper told him to look around and when he'd made up his mind to come and seek him out. After about 10 minutes the drummer says ''I'll take the red trumpet and the gold accordion''. The shopkeeper looks behind him and says, ''you can have the fire extinguisher, but the radiator's got to stay''. 

3 minutes ago, Themusician_2 said:

Their game is after not before so it can't be a curtain raiser 

oh jesus, i'll bet you can't even play the drums. 

17 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

Unity in the organisation yes because the owners own both clubs. But you trying to tell me league and union fans like each others codes?

I do.. happily watch either both live and on tv.. 

21 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

That reaching out to football fans in a football city is better than reaching out to the union toffs who are a minority?

And how do you pitch that to Mike Ashley?

Here mate, before the billion pound spinning premier league game, let 26 part time Rugby League players churn up your pitch? Why on earth would Newcastle United go for that?

Newcastle Thunder couldn't afford Jamal Lascelles bootlaces!

Why not email the NFL and ask if Keighley Cougars V Rochdale Hornets can be the curtainraiser at the next Superbowl.

Demand the BBC get Barrie and Terry replace Gary Lineker on Match of The Day.

32 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Musician’s comment about “union toffs” is just ignorant.

i know lots of union players in Newcastle, none of which I would describe as toffs.

Coincidently as Tim Streets tache replies to him, I know Timmy Street used to play for Oldham RU. He doesn’t get called a toff very often.

On 24/09/2019 at 14:57, Themusician_2 said:

There may be more union fans in Newcastle but they are way more football fans. A curtain raiser to a football game is better. But curtain raising for the inferior code kinda bothers me. Im guessing it's cause they under the same ownership and they are trying to create false unity between the two codes.

I think it's more than that. The owners see a market in league and have plenty of resources. They've also seen the outlay is less than for the kick and clap..... I'm excited for one. 

Get your point about it'd be better to be a curtain raiser for the soccer but can't see that happening

5 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

Nice to see local Falcon's player Callum Chick today encouraging Falcon's fans to head to Kingston Park early to catch the Thunder game:

https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/story/chick-relishing-sundays-dual-code-double-header

How despicable of him, doesn’t he know League and Union are mutually exclusive and a fan of one can’t enjoy the other?

Archived