No Charge for Clubb

12 hours ago, johnh1 said:

It was an attack to the head whether international or not. The disciplinary said it was worthy of a penalty. That means it should have been an 8 point try as a minimum. But it was Wigan, so it was ok.

You could word it another way, ie “But it was Wigan so it can’t be ok”.

4 hours ago, WSRD said:

We were stood right behind the goalpost’s and Clubb could have easily missed putting his elbow/arm to Jackson Hastings head just as Jackson Hastings did miss George Williams when Williams was scoring his try.

The incident to my mind should have been  penalised and contact with the head should have resulted in a penalty try, plus a sin bin ,based on the other similar incidents we see on a regular basis.

Robert Hicks seemed to be more  concerned with his microphone/earpiece etc than he was with the actual match itself.

The match review panel are as inconsistent as ever and it is this inconsistency that gets the fans backs up.

Hastings was nowhere near close to Williams.

6 minutes ago, WSRD said:

He landed at the side of Williams as Clubb could have in the Hastings non- penalty try.

It was completely different situations, Clubb was falling ontop of Hastings as he scored the try. Hastings was chasing after Williams and just slide in beside him when Williams scored.

I am not sure how you can say they are the same.

I don't think he's the devil or that he should have been hung drawn and quartered but anyone who thinks that wasn't intentional only needs to look at the expression on his face. Even if he was trying to tackle him - what was he hoping to achieve by aiming for his back/head rather than the ball? He knew what he was doing and has got away with it. Lets draw a line under it but the RFL has obviously decreed that this is fair game now.

42 minutes ago, Click said:

It was completely different situations, Clubb was falling ontop of Hastings as he scored the try. Hastings was chasing after Williams and just slide in beside him when Williams scored.

I am not sure how you can say they are the same.

I am not sure where you were sat but we were sat directly behind the sticks and Clubb could and should have done what Hastings did with the Williams try, Williams was in the process of scoring a try,Hastings was trying to stop him but slid along the side of Williams, and that is what Clubb could/should have done in my opinion.

i have also watched the match on replay and as the MRP said it was a foul tackle but no penalty was given by the referee,which in  my opinion was an error by the referee.

56 minutes ago, WSRD said:

I am not sure where you were sat but we were sat directly behind the sticks and Clubb could and should have done what Hastings did with the Williams try, Williams was in the process of scoring a try,Hastings was trying to stop him but slid along the side of Williams, and that is what Clubb could/should have done in my opinion.

i have also watched the match on replay and as the MRP said it was a foul tackle but no penalty was given by the referee,which in  my opinion was an error by the referee.

It may of been an error by the referee to not give a penalty, and that is all it would of been IMO.

Again, the situations are completely different, Williams was running in to score from 20 metres out, whereas Hastings is basically falling over the line, with Clubb in tow. They're not running side-by-side for 20 metres before both falling to the ground.

I understand how the Clubb incident looks, but it looked more like a lazy arm then an intentional forearm/elbow to the back of his head.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS Wellsy that's a sweet one winging its way from from far east, and I am not siding with a fellow club fan, it is the arrogance and impertinence of that statement from you, whether you are right or wrong with the actions of Clubb just who do you think you are casting insults because someone has a different opinion than yours!

That's exactly what you're doing.

Had you not just been siding with a fellow club fan, you might have actually noticed his comment and pointed this criticism towards him first - it was he who first "cast insult" about glasses for having a different opinion to his.

I simply returned the serve.

You must have been wearing the same glasses ?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

19 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To be honest, I thought it looked accidental. Committed to stopping the try, tried to plant his hand on the floor to brace for impact but caught the player with his elbow in the process.

Didn't look intentional at all to me.

Totally agree with your post. The ones who don't have an agenda against Wigan. I for one hope Wigan win the gf. Uo the warriors 

On 24/09/2019 at 06:27, JohnM said:

someone watching on a 9 inch monochrome 405 line TV

That would be great, I'd never have to take my black and white glasses off.

On 24/09/2019 at 07:32, Jim Prendle said:

Even if he takes those off, the fog of envy will still render his vision cloudy.

I think it's descended on me, I don't seem to be able to make out Wellsy's sig.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 23/09/2019 at 23:06, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To be honest, I thought it looked accidental. Committed to stopping the try, tried to plant his hand on the floor to brace for impact but caught the player with his elbow in the process.

Didn't look intentional at all to me.

Thought so too. He was falling so it was harder for him to have control.

Archived