What happened to Toronto Wolfpack's black strip?

The Daddy

One of my favourite things about the Wolfpack when they first started was their branding, especially their all black home kit. It was one of the best kits out there.

Now they seem to have abandoned those colours and no longer wear the all black.

Can anyone from the Wolfpack support explain why? They seem to have a grey and black kit and then an alternative red kit that they now use. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

One of my favourite things about the Wolfpack when they first started was their branding, especially their all black home kit. It was one of the best kits out there.

Can anyone from the Wolfpack support explain why? They seem to have a grey and black kit and then an alternative red kit that they now use. 

CAn you let us know what they say when you get a response from a tweet or an email or a phone call

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

This year the black kit (with white stripes) is the away kit. The white one (with red & black trim) is for home, and the red one is the alternate, worn on special occasions (and almost always when we play Toulouse!).

I think it's disgusting that they don't wear the black strip,no way should they be allowed in super league,Perez promised they would wear black and develop homegrown players to wear black. What about the lack of away fans not wearing black? Any tv deals can be kissed goodbye if they aren't in black, etc etc. That should save at least 20 pages and save parky,Harry and man of Kent and a few others a bit of time 

1 minute ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I think it's disgusting that they don't wear the black strip,no way should they be allowed in super league,Perez promised they would wear black and develop homegrown players to wear black. What about the lack of away fans not wearing black? Any tv deals can be kissed goodbye if they aren't in black, etc etc. That should save at least 20 pages and save parky,Harry and man of Kent and a few others a bit of time 

We have a Prime Minister who wears all black, they wanted to break association with him!  

justin-trudeau-brownface.jpg

2 hours ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

It said Canada ... as the national anthem before the match ... but no canadian player in the team !!!

??

It's played for the crowd.

48 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

We have a Prime Minister who wears all black, they wanted to break association with him!  

justin-trudeau-brownface.jpg

Who's that? I thought it was Trump in disguise.

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Who's that? I thought it was Trump in disguise.

Well he and Trump both have one thing in common:

They are both in love with themselves.

In America they say: "Make America Great Again"

In Canada we say: "Make Trudeau a Drama Teacher Again"

20 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

And your point is?????   TWP are a Canadian team . Same with the Raptors in the NBA. If our fans are OK with no Canadians in the team suck it up.

But its wrong!!! We should be angry, not go to the games because they are on TV, and definitely be outraged that we don't have NRL, forget SL, quality players 3 years into existence. And don't t get the started on not yelling at the ref or actually being nice to the opposing fans/players...not proper RL. They have bene doing their best keeping the game as backwoods as possible and here we are trying to make it mainstream, ruining over a hundred years of squandering resources.

3 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

This year the black kit (with white stripes) is the away kit. The white one (with red & black trim) is for home, and the red one is the alternate, worn on special occasions (and almost always when we play Toulouse!).

As a London fan, take my advice. It's not good to keep changing the colours of the home kit constantly. Potential fans and casuals will lose track of the identity of the club. 

By the way this isn't a whinge at the Wolfpack, they just should've stuck to their old design.

5 hours ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

It said Canada ... as the national anthem before the match ... but no canadian player in the team !!!

??

I expect it from the flat caps but it's really sad to see a couple of French RL fans on this forum recycling the same arguments once used against Catalans and Toulouse to denigrate Toronto.

This year's promotion place aside, Toronto and the French teams should be on the same side fighting the same enemies.

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

As a London fan, take my advice. It's not good to keep changing the colours of the home kit constantly. Potential fans and casuals will lose track of the identity of the club. 

By the way this isn't a whinge at the Wolfpack, they just should've stuck to their old design.

I asked a similar question in their first season as I think even at that stage they wore white as the home kit despite the pre-launch marketing suggesting black was their colour.  I don’t think it’s a 2019 change.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

22 hours ago, The Daddy said:

New Zealand Warriors seem to completely change their colours every season or two as well, they should pick one (preferably black) and stick to it. 

Wolfpack have been practically giving away this season's shirts - you got one free with a season ticket purchase and there's a 50% discount in the store.

Sounds like there will be a new strip if/when Super League.

On 24/09/2019 at 13:24, The Daddy said:

Agreed and sort of suited the "wolfpack" theme.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I think the old white shirt (with the wolf) was awesome, the black with the wild was kinda weird looking to me, but different strokes for different folks

not a huge fan of this season's kit (except the red!)

3 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Gotta have a few alternative kits for when the World Club Challenge Final comes about in a few years....

New Zealand Warriors v Toronto Wolfpack ? 

We will certainly be wearing our Reds for that one!

Archived