Sun 29 Sept: League 1 Preliminary Final: Newcastle Thunder v Doncaster KO 12 noon

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Doncaster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 11:00

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Good start for Thunder, look lively and quicker than Doncaster so far. 6-0 after 9 minutes after a good try from the impressive Kieron Gill. 

The challenge for Thunder will be keeping in the arm wrestle when Doncaster get their fair share of possession 

Nearly a third try there. The Thunder's kicking game looks good too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Correction I think the ref made the right call and it just squirmed out 

Not much in it. As the cliché goes, "I've seen 'em given".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DoubleD said:

Disappointing that they haven’t got Rugby League pitch markings, particularly for such a key game. I suppose this is the issue with sharing with a union team but it should be mandatory 

Isn't this a double-header match with the RU team?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lewis Young definitely got this one down! The Doncaster defence seemed to freeze for a second.

18:0

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Isn't this a double-header match with the RU team?

Yes but regardless they should still have league markings for a key play off game. They can paint over them in the hour before the 2nd game. It really adds fuel to those who say Thunder are 2nd fiddle to union

Unusual try for Doncaster there - are going to do a comeback against Newcastle again?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

I didn’t see the conversion but it seems they have inexplicably missed it from nearly in front so 18-4. Could be a crucial miss

Wasn't in front of the posts - didn't seem like a particularly bad miss.

For anyone who missed it, a really interesting half time discussion from Mick Hogan who explained about the new junior team starting up in West Newcastle (Prudhoe perhaps?) taking the number of teams to 14 in the region. The big thing though was that they’re increasing the number of development officers from 1.5 to 3.5 or 4 for next year to really build on those 14 teams. Presumably all funded by Thunder and the foundation. Great work

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

For anyone who missed it, a really interesting half time discussion from Mick Hogan who explained about the new junior team starting up in West Newcastle (Prudhoe perhaps?) taking the number of teams to 14 in the region. The big thing though was that they’re increasing the number of development officers from 1.5 to 3.5 or 4 for next year to really build on those 14 teams. Presumably all funded by Thunder and the foundation. Great work

He talked about a LOT of development, but never gave the impression that any progress would be artificially forced or hurried. Reassuring.

Thunder score a very nice try indeed, from a pass by QLT. Converted for 24:4.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Newcastle have re-established authority and control over the game after the early try conceded in the second half. Gill scores 22-4. 

They look really lively and impressive here. Game over and onto the final next week. Doncaster have just looked off the pace, can’t live with the Thunder

Almost another try, but Gill couldn't quite pick the ball up cleanly.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Every time I've heard mick hogan speak I've become immensely jealous that we don't have him and the thunders development programme at my club. He talks a brilliant game and is great to listen to on the app. 

Archived