Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen any Fev games, they seem to be in form but Toulouse can pull of some crazy plays. Its a coin toss, if Toulouse are on form no way Fev win, if they play like last week against us Fev take it. So Toulouse win the game or lose it, Fev are there for the outcome.

2 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Haven't seen any Fev games, they seem to be in form but Toulouse can pull of some crazy plays. Its a coin toss, if Toulouse are on form no way Fev win, if they play like last week against us Fev take it. So Toulouse win the game or lose it, Fev are there for the outcome.

Agreed. Toulouse's defence was nowhere near it's best against Toronto 

46 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

LOL.

So Fev have no influence on the result? ok. They are two evenly matched teams as can be seen by the two league fixtures this season and the league table. 

I think Toulouse with home advantage are favourites but they've just had a tough time away in Toronto which will count for something whereas Fev are on a roll in the past two games which they've won comfortably. 

To me it comes down to Fev being able to control Toulouse's off the cuff style and stopping them getting a roll on. Fev's success in the last two games has come off the back off good defence. If that defence holds firm I think they'll have enough with the ball to win. If Toulouse get on a roll with that attack it will be tough in hot conditions.

Should be a great game.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 minutes ago, krakauer said:

Will it be on OurLeague app?

Don't know, Krakauer, but it's on Sky Sports Arena.

7 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

Come on Leigh, come on York and now come on Tolouse, hope this lot disappoint you - again! 

7 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

Yawn you really are boring aren’t you. Time to crawl back under your rock.

9 hours ago, Celt said:

What's this? An anti Fev post without any mention of racist thugs? Tut tut, your low standards are slipping! 

Would really have liked this for the final.  Hope Fev take it and go on to beat Toronto.  Same thoughts if it's Toulous that progress.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 hours ago, Celt said:

Did you see the Leigh game?  One of the best games of the season in any league. (thanks to both teams BTW)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

33 minutes ago, Celt said:

Calm down with the insults please.  

I know we all play/played the tough sport of Rugby League, so the thought of reporting you is (to me) ridiculous.  However, there are one or two very fragile egos on here, who run off crying to the moderators whenever somebody says anything to them they don't like.   You might say something to one of them,and they will scuttle off and grass you up, like a kid at school (normally the one who sat out rugby practice!)

Of course it might be just that he's fed up of Fev being everyone's whipping boy.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

6 minutes ago, Celt said:

I didn't - and heard it was a good game.

I actually don't think the final will be a great game (whoever is in it) as TWP should be a bit too good for either team.  When I said 'best final for the sport' I just meant because of the attention it would attract (2 non UK teams) and because either team would add a lot of value to the Super League IMO.

We lost by in July at Toronto, we lost by 9 points at Fev in April, we beat them by 18 points in July '18 at their place and lost by 8 ponts in March 2018.  So there's not been much between the sides.  I was at the game at Fev.  They were unlucky to lose. IMO Jon Wilkin should have walked.  He didn't.  But as you can see all the games have been very close.  So it would be by no means a foregone conclusion.  I'll be extremely surprised if Fev in win in Toulouse.  I'd like to go but it's my granddaughter's 8th birthday.

Clement Attlee.

7 minutes ago, Celt said:

Toulouse just seem a wee bit lightweight to me - hence why they got blown out a bit on the weekend.  If TWP get a roll on, I can't see TO XIII matching them.  Featherstone - sure - may be able to front up.  But TO XIII will struggle to match them if they go through (I feel anyway).

I think Fev have got a better chance of beating Toronto than Toulouse. They seem better geared up mentally as you suggest. Toulouse do seem to have a little bit of a soft underbelly which rears its head in these types of games. They were very good away at Fev though coming from 18-0 down to win which is no mean feat. 

Could be the best game of the play-offs this weekend.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Of course it might be just that he's fed up of Fev being everyone's whipping boy.

You clearly aren't aware of how amusing the rest of the Championship find the concept of Fev being "everyone's whipping boy".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Toulouse to win by 10 points followed by a 15 page rant from Featherstone fans about why should they have to play all their play-off games away from home....It's so unfair Mummy, the big boys want to play by the rules......

Nice try old cocker, but we knew that by coming 5th we would play all our play off games away.

Now, if you had said there would be a 15 page rant about the referee if we lose then that would be a different matter!

Far too close to call, so it should be a cracker.

I don't think that home advantage counts for much in Toulouse nowadays so, if Fev show the form of recent games, they stand a pretty good chance of winning this.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived