Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Toulouse to win by 10 points followed by a 15 page rant from Featherstone fans about why should they have to play all their play-off games away from home....It's so unfair Mummy, the big boys want to play by the rules......

Get a life pal, its boring now. Never heard any fans moaning about finishing 5th.

2 hours ago, Celt said:

In my opinion, because Toronto bring by far the most to the SuperLeague, so it is great that they are in the final.  If however, they have an off day like last year, I want the team who beats them to be the second most attractive name to add to SuperLeague, minimising the impact of TWP missing out.  For me, by far the 2nd most attractive club to add to the top league, would be Toulouse Olympique.  They are not Toronto, but a Toulouse/Toronto final would be a great advert for the way the game is spreading.

I vet you would have a different opinion if your team was on it's way to play Toulouse this weekend.

12 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Toulouse to win by 10 points followed by a 15 page rant from Featherstone fans about why should they have to play all their play-off games away from home....It's so unfair Mummy, the big boys want to play by the rules......

Why should we moan about playing the games away? We finished fifth and they are the rules. We have had a good run up to now, but if it comes to an end on Sunday so be it, we will look forward to next season.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You clearly aren't aware of how amusing the rest of the Championship find the concept of Fev being "everyone's whipping boy".

Were your kids body searched without permission when they went to Leigh?

BTW this: "Toulouse to win by 10 points followed by a 15 page rant from Featherstone fans about why should they have to play all their play-off games away from home....It's so unfair Mummy, the big boys want to play by the rules...… "

Is fairly typical of the anti Fev rants on here.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Were your kids body searched without permission when they went to Leigh?

BTW this: "Toulouse to win by 10 points followed by a 15 page rant from Featherstone fans about why should they have to play all their play-off games away from home....It's so unfair Mummy, the big boys want to play by the rules...… "

Is fairly typical of the anti Fev rants on here.

No worse than your anti Ref rants on the Fev forum page ?

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

No worse than your anti Ref rants on the Fev forum page ?

The only recent anti ref rants you'll find from me are the ones about the York game in August.  It was a close game, but we did enough to win, and the ref made several key decisions that cost us the game.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

3 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

What did you say about this weeks appointment on the Toulouse thread? 

that we'll lose because Hicks is the ref.  lets wait and see shall we.  IMO Hicks is rubbish.  The missed try at Wembley wasn't a mistake it was a perverse decision of a man incapable of admitting when he's wrong.

Clement Attlee.

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

No further questions your honour.

I should have added to my final sentence "a bit like you"

Clement Attlee.

29 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

As opposed to finishing 3rd?

The top five was the aim it was achieved, all away games which we all knew, but some are making out we would moan about it  but I've neither heard or seen it on here from any Fev supporters. 

17 hours ago, Celt said:

In my opinion, because Toronto bring by far the most to the SuperLeague, so it is great that they are in the final.  If however, they have an off day like last year, I want the team who beats them to be the second most attractive name to add to SuperLeague, minimising the impact of TWP missing out.  For me, by far the 2nd most attractive club to add to the top league, would be Toulouse Olympique.  They are not Toronto, but a Toulouse/Toronto final would be a great advert for the way the game is spreading.

Spreading? The crowds are dropping over here so what dose that tell you? 

What a horrendous thread, thought we'd be discussing the game...

I reckon Toulouse will win on Sunday and give Toronto a good game in the final. 

Plenty of talking points going into the game at the weekend....

McCelland & Chisholm Vs Robin & Ford is just one. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

48 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I reckon Toulouse will win on Sunday and give Toronto a good game in the final. 

Plenty of talking points going into the game at the weekend....

McCelland & Chisholm Vs Robin & Ford is just one. 

I apologise.  But when someone who supports neither team says he hope Featherstone lose, it gets my back up.  So Sorry.

Clement Attlee.

My observations having seen Fev in the last couple of games is that they have based their offense around a quick play the ball, I think that Mr Thaler has been very good in  those games in policing the ruck area and not allowed the teams to lie on, any game can be dictated by how the ref interprets the play the ball area, if he allows teams to stay on the tackle longer than they should it can really effect the speed of the game,  and be an advantage to the "slower" team.

I have seen that the ref for Sunday's game is Robert Hicks, anybody have any opinions of what I have said, and of the appointed Ref? 

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

How on earth did you come to that far-fetched conclusion? :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived