Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

Just now, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Hope Toulouse win infront of a big crowd. The game would benefit far more in my opinion with Toulouse/Toronto in SL over any of the English Championship Clubs. Fev have a nice Ground and they boast a fine past and the area has produced many quality players over the  years. But we are in 2019 and need to look to the future.

Both Toronto and Toulouse offer the potential to grow the game and the Super League Brand to a new audience. They are both big cities that are home to some big international Businesses. IF the Clubs get it right then we could see both Clubs easily average 10K or more crowds in SL. The Toulouse/Southern France area has also produced some quality players and will continue to do so, much like the Featherstone/Pontefract area. Hopefully in time the Toronto area will do so as well. I just feel the game will benefit far more if Toronto and Toulouse are in SL than the likes of Featherstone, Leigh, Widnes, Halifax etc.

Maybe they will get crowds of 10k if they get in, but Toulouse only got just over a thousand against York a couple of weeks ago, so a lot of new fans would have to get interested in them quickly to achieve it.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Post Office Road is a nice ground compared to where Sheffield, Wakefield, Cas, Bradford, Oldham etc play

No please go on, I've been to my share of grounds and Post Office Road is at best an ecliptic mix of unmatching stands, with sheds for bars,one of which (the rovers Inn) that is literally a copyright lawsuit waiting to happen.

And don't get my wife started on the toilets....

I would not ever consider it "nice".

18 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Maybe they will get crowds of 10k if they get in, but Toulouse only got just over a thousand against York a couple of weeks ago, so a lot of new fans would have to get interested in them quickly to achieve it.

I aure that when playing in SL they will get much bigger crowds in time. But its more than just crowds. You look at some of the International Businesses involved https://www.to13.com/partenaires/

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Hope Toulouse win infront of a big crowd. The game would benefit far more in my opinion with Toulouse/Toronto in SL over any of the English Championship Clubs. Fev have a nice Ground and they boast a fine past and the area has produced many quality players over the  years. But we are in 2019 and need to look to the future.

Both Toronto and Toulouse offer the potential to grow the game and the Super League Brand to a new audience. They are both big cities that are home to some big international Businesses. IF the Clubs get it right then we could see both Clubs easily average 10K or more crowds in SL. The Toulouse/Southern France area has also produced some quality players and will continue to do so, much like the Featherstone/Pontefract area. Hopefully in time the Toronto area will do so as well. I just feel the game will benefit far more if Toronto and Toulouse are in SL than the likes of Featherstone, Leigh, Widnes, Halifax etc.

Agree with all that.

Doesn't stop me dreaming though. We're 160 minutes away from the promised land.

Not sure I could be more excited.

Up the chuffing rovers?

16 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

No please go on, I've been to my share of grounds and Post Office Road is at best an ecliptic mix of unmatching stands, with sheds for bars,one of which (the rovers Inn) that is literally a copyright lawsuit waiting to happen.

Fellow Fev fans: do we have a bar called the "Rovers inn""? Can't ever remember seeing one.

Can't speak for the ladies, but the bogs are ok for me. Public bogs are all vile, Fev's are by no means the worst in RL.

7 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Fellow Fev fans: do we have a bar called the "Rovers inn""? Can't ever remember seeing one.

Can't speak for the ladies, but the bogs are ok for me. Public bogs are all vile, Fev's are by no means the worst in RL.

oh i misspoke, its the Rovers Return (which is more so a bad idea).  

i took this photo at the TWP game there this year, inside the gate before sitting (my moms a big corrie fan)

2019-04-22.jpg

34 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Well compared to the concrete jungle that is the Laporte with it's Gazebo village it is.

14 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

If they beat us on the field, that is fine by me. We would all like to know what this mysterious criteria is though, because I don't know anybody who knows what it is, and that includes fans of SL Clubs.

It is purposefully being kept obscure, it will be up to SL if they do not want any partucular club in their division, SL will have to come up with something that is unique to the newly 'promoted' club to deny them entry. 

SL could not possibly list a set of criteria that an incumbent member would fail to comply with, just imagine the lawsuits for say a restriction of trade or such if a club is denied entry to SL and a present club could also not abide by the same criteria.

But you know, I really think after all this time (July '18) since Leneghan spontaneously opened his gob at the intro press conference of Elstone saying that any promoted club "would have to meet certain conditions" it was just Leneghan saying something for the sake of saying it, unless I have missed it I have never seen or heard reference to it again, and if there is actually any one club that SL could really find something to refuse entry it would only be Toronto.

9 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Well compared to the concrete jungle that is the Laporte with it's Gazebo village it is.

You been to Lamport?  It's actually not a bad stadium, with real amenities built in (the beer garden is an extra for match days.

Having been to both I think Lamport is nicer

28 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

You been to Lamport?  It's actually not a bad stadium, with real amenities built in (the beer garden is an extra for match days.

Having been to both I think Lamport is nicer

I've been to Lamport. It's decent enough. The seats are quite uncomfortable and it's very open to the elements (I got sunburned and wet through in the space of 3 hours).

The bogs were of a similar standard to Post Office Road. 

And weirdly, you're not allowed to vape in the open air. Yet you can stand outside the stadium and smoke weed.

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

I've been to Lamport. It's decent enough. The seats are quite uncomfortable and it's very open to the elements (I got sunburned and wet through in the space of 3 hours).

The bogs were of a similar standard to Post Office Road. 

And weirdly, you're not allowed to vape in the open air. Yet you can stand outside the stadium and smoke weed.

I like the open air, but get that those who experience less sun (i.e Brits) may suffer in the sun, I try to sit on the west stand for that reason (Sun more to back) 

I'm not trying to turn this into Lamport v post office road, just stated that it's not a ground that one could/should call "nice"

In the smokables; research is suggesting vape is harmful hence why no vape at the seats.  Weed is legal across the country and is why they can smoke it outside the stadium gates.  

14 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

its crazy people like you why the game is dieing cant see the woods for the trees, destroy it where its strong for where its weak. Do you not realise there are no amateur teams in the Selby district, Knottingley, pontefract, Airedale the grass roots are beyond terminal, A rovers in SL would do plenty for the grass roots locally, but no lets put all our efforts into France and Canada, you really couldnt make it up

8 hours ago, Celt said:

Careful now - don't say anything negative about Featherstone, the club, the dual reg players, the fans, or in this case the ground.

'One or two' of the locals simply can't handle it, and start getting incredibly.....errr... 'defensive'.

You've really got it in for Fev, we don't like Cas at Fev but we are nowhere near as vile as you  ? 

39 minutes ago, gingdong said:

its crazy people like you why the game is dieing cant see the woods for the trees, destroy it where its strong for where its weak. Do you not realise there are no amateur teams in the Selby district, Knottingley, pontefract, Airedale the grass roots are beyond terminal, A rovers in SL would do plenty for the grass roots locally, but no lets put all our efforts into France and Canada, you really couldnt make it up

Calm down you will set Celt off - not that he needs anything to set him off against Fev. 

47 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

I like the open air, but get that those who experience less sun (i.e Brits) may suffer in the sun, I try to sit on the west stand for that reason (Sun more to back) 

I'm not trying to turn this into Lamport v post office road, just stated that it's not a ground that one could/should call "nice"

In the smokables; research is suggesting vape is harmful hence why no vape at the seats.  Weed is legal across the country and is why they can smoke it outside the stadium gates.  

Must be a really cool atmosphere outside the gates then!

19 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

However, it still remains a fact that if Featherstone were in SL next season we'd have three clubs within a few miles of each other, all within the Wakefield MDC.

but its all right to have widnes warrington and saints  in super greed  who are just as close to one another as us in the wmdc

13 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

The 'nice' thing about Post Office Road is that every blade of grass is owned by the Club as opposed to every square inch of plastic pitch been rented off the council at a place such as Lamport. It'll be a 'nice' day when Toronto own a real asset such as a Club house or training facilities. 

Just now, Smudger06 said:

The 'nice' thing about Post Office Road is that every blade of grass is owned by the Club as opposed to every square inch of plastic pitch been rented off the council at a place such as Lamport. It'll be a 'nice' day when Toronto own a real asset such as a Club house or training facilities. 

I agree that owning it is nice, but that doesn't make the ground nice.  In fact since they own it, the only thing stopping it from being nice is investment, where other clubs have to worry about convincing owners.

Ownership doesn't make it nice.

Archived