Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damien said:

Have we got any criteria? I thought all we had was a set of made up criteria that was only applicable to Toronto.

So if TWP get promoted, 11 sides share the pie and if Fev go up, it's divided 12 ways. Have I go that right? If so, I assume some SL honchos are hoping for the WP to go up.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 minutes ago, POR said:

they did that last year until last game of season at lamport and FEV went over and won  30-12

True. But TWP had nothing to play for then. They have a lot more motivation now.

Just now, RayCee said:

So if TWP get promoted, 11 sides share the pie and if Fev go up, it's divided 12 ways. Have I go that right? If so, I assume some SL honchos are hoping for the WP to go up.

Yeah that's it. Makes complete sense doesn't it. I wonder if Leeds pull their DR players, it will cost them £185,000 if Fev go up....

Well done Fev. No thrills and play like zToronto do. Toulouse and their game management was shcoking.  That Ford couldn't tackle a paper bag.

I can see nothing more than a one sided win next week but well done Fev. Un fortunately,  travel and it's bias will let itself down !??

1 minute ago, TIWIT said:

True. But TWP had nothing to play for then. They have a lot more motivation now.

nothing to play for all we ever heard last year was they never lose at lamport  and according to my mates lad who played for TWP in that game all the players  wanted to win to keep that unbeaten record

9 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Yes but it'll cost more to travel than to POR ?

13 minutes ago, RayCee said:

So if Fev go up to SL, what would they have to bring to SL to meet the criteria? Genuine question. 

They would have to win in Toronto next Saturday.

(I know that's a flippant answer but I haven't seen any suggestion in the press of Fev not meeting criteria and when you consider London were allowed in last year despite tiny crowds and a sub-standard stadium I don't see how they could be an issue).

53 minutes ago, Lamport Life said:

I don't think Toronto cares one way or the other. They have an extra week's rest; they will play in front of a packed home stadium; and they are 27-1 this season. While anything is possible, the reality is that the Wolfpack are clear favourites regardless of which team they play.

Nothing like being over confident.

Well done to Fev, completely outplayed TO, they deserve their chance after the last few weeks.

I think it will be a really good game next week if Fev can keep that sort of commitment up, their halfbacks are better than TWPs  certainly, Toronto have the bigger pack but Fevs forwards will stand upto them on that performance. Where it could be decided is in the three-quarters where Stanley and Leutele are a class above anything else in the division, if fev don't keep on top of them and cut down their supply of ball they will prove the difference, but it's going to be a fascinating watch?

29 minutes ago, RayCee said:

So if Fev go up to SL, what would they have to bring to SL to meet the criteria? Genuine question. 

Minimum standards are set out in the operational rules freely available on the RFL website.

Happy to help.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Confident? Certainly. Why shouldn't they be? But over-confident? Hardly. McDermott won't let them take anything for granted

7 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I don't suppose you remember Wembley 1983 but Hull were so strong as favourites they stopped taking bets, Fev didn't stand a cat in hells chance. 40,000 Hull fans 10,000 from Fev. The rest is history as they say. 

Hull 12 Featherstone Rovers 14.

6 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Traditionalists have said this for years that the team finishing top should go up, but this is what the games rules have created.

I don't question that, everyone knows the rules. I was questioning by what measure he thought that Fev deserved to get promoted before Toronto.

Archived