Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I agree with that Harry. And yet we’ve had the 1983 Challenge Cup Final brought up already on this thread! 

Old Frightful made reference to it tounge in cheek and i responded likewise, lighten up! 

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Shame if Featherstone win, if I get my new job I would love to go to Featherstone and sample a long weekend in the area, sampling the local food and wines, and the local bistro's, and cultures, now it looks like I will have to make do with Haute-Garonne cuisine instead. Such a shame.

Fev WMC or La Bonita on Grande Rue Saint Michel?

Trust Celt to like this you really are a sad person, this area and much of the UK have been devastated by pit closures and many shops closing. Happy that you have such posh establishments but no reason to slate our area. 

28 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Given all the DP that Fev hav' from Leeds then I would think McDermot would be highly motivated.

DP always looked unfair to me considering that promotion was at stake. Presumably it's finished now that we have Reserves next season.

How is it unfair when it's open to all teams?

28 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Given all the DP that Fev hav' from Leeds then I would think McDermot would be highly motivated.

DP always looked unfair to me considering that promotion was at stake. Presumably it's finished now that we have Reserves next season.

Other teams used it and if we had turned it down others would have used Leeds. 

21 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Other teams used it and if we had turned it down others would have used Leeds. 

Other teams didn't use it as effectively and actually create a strong working relationship with them. 

It's worked for Featherstone well, the Leeds players have consistently played for us and are part of our team culture. The lads that are playing are no older than 21.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

I think the terminology you are looking for is DR.

DP is a totally different thing, especially on some of the videos I have seen.

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Other teams didn't use it as effectively and actually create a strong working relationship with them. 

It's worked for Featherstone well, the Leeds players have consistently played for us and are part of our team culture. The lads that are playing are no older than 21.

Apart from Wellington Albert

19 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well, Leeds as I understand, have used it heavily with Fev, and Leeds are a wealthy club and so Fev have got the benefit.

So where's the unfairness come in, given that DR is open to each and every club? Because it seems like you're saying it's unfair because Featherstone have used the system better than anyone else has.

17 hours ago, DoubleD said:

The biggest challenge for Featherstone is that they have to become a full time club. Rumour is Carr is joining Leeds, they won’t have the services of their hooker, possibly both, Ormondroyd, Golding, McLelland, Sutcliffe. So they have to start from scratch putting a full time operation in place. Going to be hard 

You (and the rest of the Fev knockers on here) hope. Catty sarcy comment after sarcy comment.  On this thread, and every other thread when Fev win.  Plus of course you can't understand why Johnny Davies is playing for Fev.  Well I'll tell you why.  I was sat in front of his father at Leigh.  It's because he has always been a massive Fev fan.

Anyway it won't come to that. We'll lose at Toronto.   Four away games on the trot three of them against very talented sides, two of them involving flights abroad and one involving a time zone change is asking a bit much even of as side as good as Fev.  DR may (or may not) be unfair to the rest, but TW's advantage as regards fixtures, time zones and the final trumps it and then some.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

You (and the rest of the Fev knockers on here) hope. Catty sarcy comment after sarcy comment.  On this thread, and every other thread when Fev win.  Plus of course you can't understand why Johnny Davies is playing for Fev.  Well I'll tell you why.  I was sat in front of his father at Leigh.  It's because he has always been a massive Fev fan.

Anyway it won't come to that. We'll lose at Toronto.   Four away games on the trot three of them against very talented sides, two of them involving flights abroad and one involving a time zone change is asking a bit much even of as side as good as Fev.  DR may (or may not) be unfair to the rest, but TW's advantage as regards fixtures, time zones and the final trumps it and then some.

You and your fellow Fev fans really need to lose that chip on your shoulder. It does you no favours. 

There was nothing sarcy or catty about my post, I was merely stating a fact that it’s going to be hard. Any rational Fev fan can see that. 

And on Davies, he left Cas to join Batley. My point was he looked good enough to be a solid professional SL player, better than the likes of Massey who Cas kept on. I think he’s too good for the Championship. So stop being so bitter, you’re lucky to have him

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

You and your fellow Fev fans really need to lose that chip on your shoulder. It does you no favours. 

There was nothing sarcy or catty about my post, I was merely stating a fact that it’s going to be hard. Any rational Fev fan can see that. 

And on Davies, he left Cas to join Batley. My point was he looked good enough to be a solid professional SL player, better than the likes of Massey who Cas kept on. I think he’s too good for the Championship. So stop being so bitter, you’re lucky to have him

It's not just the comment I quoted but all the little niggles and barbs you (and the rest) put in over the season.  You clearly hate Fev, don't think they ought to be within spitting distance of SL and will be cock-a-hoop if we loose on Saturday. If Fev fans have chips on their shoulders it's you and the rest of your nasty mouthed little crew that put them there.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Just now, Trojan said:

It's not just the comment I quoted but all the little niggles and barbs you (and the rest) put in over the season.  You clearly hate Fev, don't think they ought to be within spitting distance of SL and will be cock-a-hoop if we loose on Saturday. If Fev fans have chips on their shoulders it's you and the rest of your nasty mouthed little crew that put them there.

Top trolling ?

It's incredible to me that people are pretending that Fev having had the use of five or six (?) players with Super League experience and one of the best young half backs in England on Dual Reg is somehow irrelevant to where they are now and not worthy of discussion.

A team could be promoted whose core is made up of players who won't even be available next year and yet apparently discussing this is anti-Fev trolling?

13 minutes ago, damp squib said:

It's incredible to me that people are pretending that Fev having had the use of five or six (?) players with Super League experience and one of the best young half backs in England on Dual Reg is somehow irrelevant to where they are now and not worthy of discussion.

A team could be promoted whose core is made up of players who won't even be available next year and yet apparently discussing this is anti-Fev trolling?

How do you know they won't be available?

Archived