Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Toulouse Olympique
      42
    • Featherstone Rovers
      40

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

Recommended Posts

Discuss the Betfred Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers here.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen any Fev games, they seem to be in form but Toulouse can pull of some crazy plays. Its a coin toss, if Toulouse are on form no way Fev win, if they play like last week against us Fev take it. So Toulouse win the game or lose it, Fev are there for the outcome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Haven't seen any Fev games, they seem to be in form but Toulouse can pull of some crazy plays. Its a coin toss, if Toulouse are on form no way Fev win, if they play like last week against us Fev take it. So Toulouse win the game or lose it, Fev are there for the outcome.

Agreed. Toulouse's defence was nowhere near it's best against Toronto 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Haven't seen any Fev games, they seem to be in form but Toulouse can pull of some crazy plays. Its a coin toss, if Toulouse are on form no way Fev win, if they play like last week against us Fev take it. So Toulouse win the game or lose it, Fev are there for the outcome.

LOL.

So Fev have no influence on the result? ok. They are two evenly matched teams as can be seen by the two league fixtures this season and the league table. 

I think Toulouse with home advantage are favourites but they've just had a tough time away in Toronto which will count for something whereas Fev are on a roll in the past two games which they've won comfortably. 

To me it comes down to Fev being able to control Toulouse's off the cuff style and stopping them getting a roll on. Fev's success in the last two games has come off the back off good defence. If that defence holds firm I think they'll have enough with the ball to win. If Toulouse get on a roll with that attack it will be tough in hot conditions.

Should be a great game.

  • Like 5

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, krakauer said:

Will it be on OurLeague app?

Don't know, Krakauer, but it's on Sky Sports Arena.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

Come on Leigh, come on York and now come on Tolouse, hope this lot disappoint you - again! 

Edited by MADREDNIGE
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

Yawn you really are boring aren’t you. Time to crawl back under your rock.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

And why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

What's this? An anti Fev post without any mention of racist thugs? Tut tut, your low standards are slipping! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

What's this? An anti Fev post without any mention of racist thugs? Tut tut, your low standards are slipping! 

Actually my post was not anti-anybody.

 

 


Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

And why is that?

In my opinion, because Toronto bring by far the most to the SuperLeague, so it is great that they are in the final.  If however, they have an off day like last year, I want the team who beats them to be the second most attractive name to add to SuperLeague, minimising the impact of TWP missing out.  For me, by far the 2nd most attractive club to add to the top league, would be Toulouse Olympique.  They are not Toronto, but a Toulouse/Toronto final would be a great advert for the way the game is spreading.

  • Like 5

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Yawn you really are boring aren’t you. Time to crawl back under your rock.

Calm down with the insults please.  

I know we all play/played the tough sport of Rugby League, so the thought of reporting you is (to me) ridiculous.  However, there are one or two very fragile egos on here, who run off crying to the moderators whenever somebody says anything to them they don't like.   You might say something to one of them,and they will scuttle off and grass you up, like a kid at school (normally the one who sat out rugby practice!)

Edited by Celt

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Fev by 6 - been impressed with them in the playoffs.

I think you might be correct.  Toulouse have the quality, but sometimes don't run over teams like a full time squad should.  Something about them suggests a wee bit of fragility.


Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would really have liked this for the final.  Hope Fev take it and go on to beat Toronto.  Same thoughts if it's Toulous that progress.


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Celt said:

Really hoping TO XIII can see this lot off with something to spare, setting them up hopefully for a decent crack at WolfPack in the final.

By far the best final for the sport as a whole I feel.

Did you see the Leigh game?  One of the best games of the season in any league. (thanks to both teams BTW)

  • Like 1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Celt said:

Calm down with the insults please.  

I know we all play/played the tough sport of Rugby League, so the thought of reporting you is (to me) ridiculous.  However, there are one or two very fragile egos on here, who run off crying to the moderators whenever somebody says anything to them they don't like.   You might say something to one of them,and they will scuttle off and grass you up, like a kid at school (normally the one who sat out rugby practice!)

Of course it might be just that he's fed up of Fev being everyone's whipping boy.

Edited by Trojan

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Did you see the Leigh game?  One of the best games of the season in any league. (thanks to both teams BTW)

I didn't - and heard it was a good game.

I actually don't think the final will be a great game (whoever is in it) as TWP should be a bit too good for either team.  When I said 'best final for the sport' I just meant because of the attention it would attract (2 non UK teams) and because either team would add a lot of value to the Super League IMO.


Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Celt said:

I didn't - and heard it was a good game.

I actually don't think the final will be a great game (whoever is in it) as TWP should be a bit too good for either team.  When I said 'best final for the sport' I just meant because of the attention it would attract (2 non UK teams) and because either team would add a lot of value to the Super League IMO.

We lost by in July at Toronto, we lost by 9 points at Fev in April, we beat them by 18 points in July '18 at their place and lost by 8 ponts in March 2018.  So there's not been much between the sides.  I was at the game at Fev.  They were unlucky to lose. IMO Jon Wilkin should have walked.  He didn't.  But as you can see all the games have been very close.  So it would be by no means a foregone conclusion.  I'll be extremely surprised if Fev in win in Toulouse.  I'd like to go but it's my granddaughter's 8th birthday.


“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

We lost by in July at Toronto, we lost by 9 points at Fev in April, we beat them by 18 points in July '18 at their place and lost by 8 ponts in March 2018.  So there's not been much between the sides.  I was at the game at Fev.  They were unlucky to lose. IMO Jon Wilkin should have walked.  He didn't.  But as you can see all the games have been very close.  So it would be by no means a foregone conclusion.  I'll be extremely surprised if Fev in win in Toulouse.  I'd like to go but it's my granddaughter's 8th birthday.

Toulouse just seem a wee bit lightweight to me - hence why they got blown out a bit on the weekend.  If TWP get a roll on, I can't see TO XIII matching them.  Featherstone - sure - may be able to front up.  But TO XIII will struggle to match them physically if they go through (I feel anyway).

Edited by Celt

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Celt said:

Toulouse just seem a wee bit lightweight to me - hence why they got blown out a bit on the weekend.  If TWP get a roll on, I can't see TO XIII matching them.  Featherstone - sure - may be able to front up.  But TO XIII will struggle to match them if they go through (I feel anyway).

I think Fev have got a better chance of beating Toronto than Toulouse. They seem better geared up mentally as you suggest. Toulouse do seem to have a little bit of a soft underbelly which rears its head in these types of games. They were very good away at Fev though coming from 18-0 down to win which is no mean feat. 

Could be the best game of the play-offs this weekend.


Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...