Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

7 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

You do realize TWP have won 22 games in a row, are unbeaten at home this year and have been building up to this game for a full year now.

Still, anything can happen in a single-game playoff.

Congrats Fev.

They were building up to the last one for a year as well. Spirit like Fev showed tonight is worth a couple of tries before they even walk on the field next week. 

No strong feelings either way as to who goes up as I feel there are positives and negatives with each one. Just looking forward to one humdinger of a game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best team won , those 2 early tries killed Toulouse , they did get the bounce a couple of times as well , so on to Toronto , and again may the best team win 

I do have to ask the question , if you'd just paid hundreds of pounds to travel all the way to Toulouse at short notice to follow your RL team , would you wear a t shirt with the football team you support with a skull and crossbones on it rather than a shirt declaring your RL club ? 🤔

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, POR said:

they still will have to get past one of   FEV or TWP who won't be having many of their players leaving

If Fev don't make it, then it completely depends on how many players Leeds lend them next year.

Should they make it into the playoffs (Leeds), then I can't see so many being available for Fev.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Fev have the better halves (in great form) of the two sides next week, a potent mix of youthful energy, experience and team spirit, and an up-and-coming coach.

Toronto will try to bulldoze them but if Fev stand up to it things could get very interesting. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

But not the team that has only lost once all season and has been far and away the most consistent?

That's the beauty of having promotion decided by a play off, everyone knows the score before the season kicks off.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

You do realize TWP have won 22 games in a row, are unbeaten at home this year and have been building up to this game for a full year now.

Still, anything can happen in a single-game playoff.

Congrats Fev.

they did that last year until last game of season at lamport and FEV went over and won  30-12

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Best team won , those 2 early tries killed Toulouse , they did get the bounce a couple of times as well , so on to Toronto , and again may the best team win 

I do have to ask the question , if you'd just paid hundreds of pounds to travel all the way to Toulouse at short notice to follow your RL team , would you wear a t shirt with the football team you support with a skull and crossbones on it rather than a shirt declaring your RL club ? 🤔

wear what the helllll he wants cant he

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

We will see. If you know your history Featherstone have been tremendous Cup fighters.

Old Frightful knows that lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayCee said:

So if Fev go up to SL, what would they have to bring to SL to meet the criteria? Genuine question. 

Who knows 😁 

I have really enjoyed my visits to Toulouse it is a great city but sadly TOXIII seem a million miles off Super League.

Their team is well short and the attendance last time against York was just 1,132 maybe a bit better tonight with perhaps 300 fev fans. I assume they have a benefactor otherwise I don't know how they maintain a full time team.

You don't have to spend much time in Toulouse to realise it is a real Rugby Union stronghold. The performance of TOXIII tonight ensured that is not about to change anytime soon.

• Like 1

Just now, RayCee said:

So if Fev go up to SL, what would they have to bring to SL to meet the criteria? Genuine question. 

Have we got any criteria? I thought all we had was a set of made up criteria that was only applicable to Toronto.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Damien said:

Have we got any criteria? I thought all we had was a set of made up criteria that was only applicable to Toronto.

So if TWP get promoted, 11 sides share the pie and if Fev go up, it's divided 12 ways. Have I go that right? If so, I assume some SL honchos are hoping for the WP to go up.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 minutes ago, POR said:

they did that last year until last game of season at lamport and FEV went over and won  30-12

True. But TWP had nothing to play for then. They have a lot more motivation now.

Just now, RayCee said:

So if TWP get promoted, 11 sides share the pie and if Fev go up, it's divided 12 ways. Have I go that right? If so, I assume some SL honchos are hoping for the WP to go up.

Yeah that's it. Makes complete sense doesn't it. I wonder if Leeds pull their DR players, it will cost them £185,000 if Fev go up....

Well done Fev. No thrills and play like zToronto do. Toulouse and their game management was shcoking.  That Ford couldn't tackle a paper bag.

I can see nothing more than a one sided win next week but well done Fev. Un fortunately,  travel and it's bias will let itself down !🙁😪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIWIT said:

True. But TWP had nothing to play for then. They have a lot more motivation now.

nothing to play for all we ever heard last year was they never lose at lamport  and according to my mates lad who played for TWP in that game all the players  wanted to win to keep that unbeaten record

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Yes but it'll cost more to travel than to POR ?

13 minutes ago, RayCee said:

They would have to win in Toronto next Saturday.

(I know that's a flippant answer but I haven't seen any suggestion in the press of Fev not meeting criteria and when you consider London were allowed in last year despite tiny crowds and a sub-standard stadium I don't see how they could be an issue).

• Like 1