Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

5 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

I think the terminology you are looking for is DR.

DP is a totally different thing, especially on some of the videos I have seen.

I know nothing of these videos that you speak.¬† ūüėá

• Haha 1

Anyone know what the attendance was yesterday? I only watched about 15 minutes of it but it looked and sounded sparse. Not sure why so many people in this forum think Tolouse would be great in SL with crowds like that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well, Leeds as I understand, have used it heavily with Fev, and Leeds are a wealthy club and so Fev have got the benefit.

So where's the unfairness come in, given that DR is open to each and every club? Because it seems like you're saying it's unfair because Featherstone have used the system better than anyone else has.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Is anybody expecting an announcement this week from S.L. on whether either one of these teams are to be allowed into S.L. or not. Surely it can not be made after the Final.

You never know with Mr Elstone and some of those SL Chairmen.

17 hours ago, DoubleD said:

The biggest challenge for Featherstone is that they have to become a full time club. Rumour is Carr is joining Leeds, they won’t have the services of their hooker, possibly both, Ormondroyd, Golding, McLelland, Sutcliffe. So they have to start from scratch putting a full time operation in place. Going to be hard 

You (and the rest of the Fev knockers on here) hope. Catty sarcy comment after sarcy comment.  On this thread, and every other thread when Fev win.  Plus of course you can't understand why Johnny Davies is playing for Fev.  Well I'll tell you why.  I was sat in front of his father at Leigh.  It's because he has always been a massive Fev fan.

Anyway it won't come to that. We'll lose at Toronto.   Four away games on the trot three of them against very talented sides, two of them involving flights abroad and one involving a time zone change is asking a bit much even of as side as good as Fev.  DR may (or may not) be unfair to the rest, but TW's advantage as regards fixtures, time zones and the final trumps it and then some.

• Like 2

‚ÄúFew thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.‚ÄĚ

Clement Attlee.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

You (and the rest of the Fev knockers on here) hope. Catty sarcy comment after sarcy comment.  On this thread, and every other thread when Fev win.  Plus of course you can't understand why Johnny Davies is playing for Fev.  Well I'll tell you why.  I was sat in front of his father at Leigh.  It's because he has always been a massive Fev fan.

Anyway it won't come to that. We'll lose at Toronto.   Four away games on the trot three of them against very talented sides, two of them involving flights abroad and one involving a time zone change is asking a bit much even of as side as good as Fev.  DR may (or may not) be unfair to the rest, but TW's advantage as regards fixtures, time zones and the final trumps it and then some.

You and your fellow Fev fans really need to lose that chip on your shoulder. It does you no favours. 

There was nothing sarcy or catty about my post, I was merely stating a fact that it’s going to be hard. Any rational Fev fan can see that. 

And on Davies, he left Cas to join Batley. My point was he looked good enough to be a solid professional SL player, better than the likes of Massey who Cas kept on. I think he’s too good for the Championship. So stop being so bitter, you’re lucky to have him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

You and your fellow Fev fans really need to lose that chip on your shoulder. It does you no favours. 

There was nothing sarcy or catty about my post, I was merely stating a fact that it’s going to be hard. Any rational Fev fan can see that. 

And on Davies, he left Cas to join Batley. My point was he looked good enough to be a solid professional SL player, better than the likes of Massey who Cas kept on. I think he’s too good for the Championship. So stop being so bitter, you’re lucky to have him

It's not just the comment I quoted but all the little niggles and barbs you (and the rest) put in over the season.  You clearly hate Fev, don't think they ought to be within spitting distance of SL and will be cock-a-hoop if we loose on Saturday. If Fev fans have chips on their shoulders it's you and the rest of your nasty mouthed little crew that put them there.

• Haha 1

‚ÄúFew thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.‚ÄĚ

Clement Attlee.

Just now, Trojan said:

It's not just the comment I quoted but all the little niggles and barbs you (and the rest) put in over the season.  You clearly hate Fev, don't think they ought to be within spitting distance of SL and will be cock-a-hoop if we loose on Saturday. If Fev fans have chips on their shoulders it's you and the rest of your nasty mouthed little crew that put them there.

Top trolling ūüĎŹ

It's incredible to me that people are pretending that Fev having had the use of five or six (?) players with Super League experience and one of the best young half backs in England on Dual Reg is somehow irrelevant to where they are now and not worthy of discussion.

A team could be promoted whose core is made up of players who won't even be available next year and yet apparently discussing this is anti-Fev trolling?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, damp squib said:

It's incredible to me that people are pretending that Fev having had the use of five or six (?) players with Super League experience and one of the best young half backs in England on Dual Reg is somehow irrelevant to where they are now and not worthy of discussion.

A team could be promoted whose core is made up of players who won't even be available next year and yet apparently discussing this is anti-Fev trolling?

How do you know they won't be available?

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

How do you know they won't be available?

I suppose it's possible some of them will sign permanently but it's unlikely.

Certainly in the case of McLelland who is arguably the most influential of the DRs.

On 29/09/2019 at 21:38, fairfolly said:

Well done Fev. Thoroughly deserved,by far the better team. Normal French stuff, when the going gets tough, surrender.

Oy ! Less of the stereotypical French bashing, show some respect to fellow RL players. This isn't the Daily Heil.

Yes, some French surrendered, others were shot by the Gestapo for sedition. Next time you are in Blagnac I will show you the memorial to those French who gave their lives fighting for their families and country.

Oh but, you won't be back in Stade Ernest-Argelès as next season you will be going to the nice shiny Stade Ernest-Wallon. I prefer the current ground share myself, It's rather like Leicester going from Filbert St to the "King Power" whatever it's called, it's all plastic, money, and no soul. 

Toulouse played really, really badly. The quick turnaround from Canada did knacker them to some degree but they admitted after the match that it was one of the worst games they have played this season (and when you include home defeats to Swinton and Bradford then that's saying something...nothing against Swinton or Bradford by the way). Nothing worked, didn't keep to the basics, they hardly completed a set in the 2nd half as they kept giving Fev the ball 5m out from the Fev goal line. Fev capitalised on TO mistakes... and they made a lot ! They need to understand what is basically a knock-out cup game, and not try and play like the Harlem Globetrotters every match. They setup wrongly and played badly.

And what was it with the Fev big bloke in the crowd who wore the scream mask all match?  It was over 30 degrees, he must have been dying under that. Did he do it for a bet or was he trying to hide his face for the cameras? Maybe his Mrs might have recognised him after he left the house saying... "just off out with the lads for a few beers love...see you Monday" 

See you guys next year. 

• Like 2

Just now, kiggy said:

Oy ! Less of the stereotypical French bashing, show some respect to fellow RL players. This isn't the Daily Heil.

Yes, some French surrendered, others were shot by the Gestapo for sedition. Next time you are in Blagnac I will show you the memorial to those French who gave their lives fighting for their families and country.

Oh but, you won't be back in Stade Ernest-Argelès as next season you will be going to the nice shiny Stade Ernest-Wallon. I prefer the current ground share myself, It's rather like Leicester going from Filbert St to the "King Power" whatever it's called, it's all plastic, money, and no soul. 

Toulouse played really, really badly. The quick turnaround from Canada did knacker them to some degree but they admitted after the match that it was one of the worst games they have played this season (and when you include home defeats to Swinton and Bradford then that's saying something...nothing against Swinton or Bradford by the way). Nothing worked, didn't keep to the basics, they hardly completed a set in the 2nd half as they kept giving Fev the ball 5m out from the Fev goal line. Fev capitalised on TO mistakes... and they made a lot ! They need to understand what is basically a knock-out cup game, and not try and play like the Harlem Globetrotters every match. They setup wrongly and played badly.

And what was it with the Fev big bloke in the crowd who wore the scream mask all match?  It was over 30 degrees, he must have been dying under that. Did he do it for a bet or was he trying to hide his face for the cameras? Maybe his Mrs might have recognised him after he left the house saying... "just off out with the lads for a few beers love...see you Monday" 

See you guys next year. 

She was stood in front of him.

13 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

And she didn't know he was there? Maybe that mask did do its job then!

• Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes | Leaflets | Cards | Banners | Letterheads | Tickets | Invitations | Magazines | Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Dewsbury Rams & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Judah Mazive for the 2019 Season

On 01/10/2019 at 20:35, Gooleboy said:

I'm happy for her then, as if she had stood behind him she would have seen ###### all

• Like 1