Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

50 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

With a comment like that, I hope you are not one of those weed heads mentioned in this thread. 

You ought to be praying for a tool house miracle win because if Fev are your next opponents don't even bother turning up and prepare for another year in the championship.

Fev haven't beaten toronto, to have

I get his point

Also very culturally ignorant with the weed comment. Nothing wrong with it.  Tobacco and alcohol far worse.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Tyneside, Wales, The Midlands have no amateur teams do they, as there has not been a SL team there. Siddal are stronger (More numbers and more kids involved) now than probably when Halifax was in SL. You need to wake up and see that whether Fev are in SL or not will have little to do with how good the local amateur scene is. There are far more biigger reasons than that as to why the amateur scene in the Pontefract & Selby area is not as strong as it was.

Maybe Fev should look to the work of Newcastle Thunder for example, as a way to improve things in the local area. And the game needs to grow outside the UK & Australia or else it will slowly die. International Sport attracts money more than a few unknown small towns in Northern England playing in empty decaying stadiums. Yes the game needs to do more to help the amateur scene in the Heartlands, but it also needs to grow the game outside them areas.

Both have had poor business models and when you look at how they have been run then its no real surprise with the results. Catalans though is a different story and Toronto & Toulouse can emulate that success.

Agree to a certain extent. Rugby League is a tin pot sport outside NSW & Queensland. Even in the UK, the big Rugby League Clubs are nothing and struggle to get much mention outside their area. The game is struggling outside the NRL to survive both at Pro and amateur level.

I am not a fan of a playoff Final to decide who goes up to SL. But thats the rules. Toronto have dominated the regular season and finished top and for me deserve an automatic promotion to SL. They could have a day off and get beat like last year and the great Season up to now, counts for nothing.

We all knew the rules at the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

I have heard people say that a winter's night in fev is like being on the dark side of the moon....possible destination ?

Hey you be careful what you say around these parts, we've got Cas Vegas, Ponte Carlo and Feverley Hills. 

Struggling to call this one. Featherstone have been really impressive in the last 2 weeks, not just winning away at Leigh and York, but doing so in convincing style.

I suspect it may be a game too far and Toulouse will win, but Featherstone will see no reason why they cannot do it.

Back to the game. Big reshuffle for Fev with both  edge back rows (Day and Walters) out. James Harrison switches to back row from the middle and Josh Hardcastle moves from centre to the other back row position, meaning Conor Carey moves from wing to centre and Jack Render comes in on the wing. Cam King also failed a fitness test. Toulouse line-up not been published yet.

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Back to the game. Big reshuffle for Fev with both  edge back rows (Day and Walters) out. James Harrison switches to back row from the middle and Josh Hardcastle moves from centre to the other back row position, meaning Conor Carey moves from wing to centre and Jack Render comes in on the wing. Cam King also failed a fitness test. Toulouse line-up not been published yet.

Yup TO by 10

4 hours ago, Celt said:

'Mad Nigel' .... I suggest you calm down with the targeted insults.  There are a few people on here, who despite allegedly being rough tough Rugby League players start whinging to the moderators like the fat boy at PE who always forgot his Rugby League kit.

Insults like you are throwing are sadly quite common among 'a small number' of your club's fans - we have come to exlpect nothing less.  Aand while i simply laugh at you for them..... One or two others on here will go crying to the moderator. ?

You have been warned "Mad" Nigel.

Incidentally Celt how many times have you visited POR or had the pleasure of welcoming the Fev supporters to your club lets say in the last 10 years, I have been there many times and had a good time in the pubs in Leigh when they have visited, also had  some good times with them at the Bash in Blackpool, since you are annoymous with your origins - the name Celt conjours up a desire to remain incognito or unidentified - it would be good to know why you believe you can "cast the first stone" are you so chaste you feel it is a personal crusade to belittle the club,  you are doing no one any favours with your tirade, least alone yourself.

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

That restructure won't help Fev, as I have said before the display at Leigh the other week was the best I have seen live by any club this season, had they had a full team especially Day and Walters being fit I would have made them favourites their loss will assist TO.

51 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That restructure won't help Fev, as I have said before the display at Leigh the other week was the best I have seen live by any club this season, had they had a full team especially Day and Walters being fit I would have made them favourites their loss will assist TO.

The multiple reshuffles have had a clear impact in the early stages, we have looked fairly disorganised despite leading.

Archived