Thur 26 Sept: SL Semi Final: Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/19 at 18:45

7 minutes ago, Fezantplucka said:

Of course, Donald Rumsfeld makes it quite clear:

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

I new that...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well no.  I was again being overly droll.  I was wondering if everyone got completely fed up after another 60 minutes extra time and no points they might draw lots.

Do remember I was answering a "ultra" plausible outcome.

My bottom line now being exposed, I confess I have no preference as to who wins, as long as they tonk Saints next week...

….and, I have lost a few rounds of roll a dice to see whose round it is.

Wouldn't be the biggest suprise to see Luke Gale named in the 17.  Appears to be back fit and took part in the captain's run (although probably just there as part of the leadership group).

Hard to predict the outcome tommorow, Salford are rightly favourites on recent form.

Obviously want a Cas win, but I'll pocket nearly 300 quid from a 3 quid bet if Salford win by 1 to 10 points... So an 11 point Salford win is the most likely outcome (Also Jake Trueman at 50/1 to score 2 tries looks a wild price imo. As does Rankin at 40/1.  Bearing in mind Ryan Lennon is 28/1!)

I want Cas to win for two reasons. 

1. So we’re not faced with the prospect of watching two repeat fixtures in such a small period of time (Wigan v salford and Saints v wigan - if other results go with the league table). 

2. Cas would take more fans to the final than Salford, so there will be less moaning on this forum about empty seats and how the game is dying. 

2 minutes ago, Celtic Roosters said:

I would expect Salford to take twice as many fans to Old Trafford than Castleford would. People who have never watched Salford in 25 years are already asking me about tickets. Some people who have never been before at all too. Unfortunately there is no way of proving that.

If that’s true it’s a shame they never go to even the odd other game. I doubt if there’ll be 5,000 there tonight?

Hope Cas pull it off but hope that whoever wins goes on to have two more victories in the comp.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Hope Cas pull it off but hope that whoever wins goes on to have two more victories in the comp.

I don't mind who wins but I share your hope.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

If that’s true it’s a shame they never go to even the odd other game. I doubt if there’ll be 5,000 there tonight?

It may well be a shame but it's the world we live in. Most people who live in Salford would be able to walk there. Salford in this kind of final is a once in a lifetime event. 

1200 tickets sold by Cas now - impressive numbers for another Thursday night

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

1200 tickets sold by Cas now - impressive numbers for another Thursday night

From a town of 40,000 people (yes I know some of their fans are from elsewhere, but their support is hugely impressive given their catchment area). 

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yes it is a shame mate. Greatest sport on Earth and not much interest in the Salford area until the team reach a big game which has been rare up to this season. At the Wigan challenge cup semi-final there were hoards of people who have not been for years. It was the same at the Sheffield Eagles SF years ago. Only a very small percentage of the population of Salford watch Rugby League but, the percentage of those that follow them away as well would compare well with any other club. Salford fans are small in numbers but big in passion.

4 hours ago, L Bow said:

It may well be a shame but it's the world we live in. Most people who live in Salford would be able to walk there. Salford in this kind of final is a once in a lifetime event. 

I like the first comment but the second is simply not true. Salford is a big City. The Willows was more central than the AJ Bell but you would not get many people from Ordsall, Worsley or Broughton trekking to either of them. In any case, there would be too many pubs along the way showing football on TV so most would not make it. Yes, it would be a once in a lifetime event for most Salford fans. I don't know how much longer I have left but I would trade a year of my life to see Salford win at Old Trafford this year or at Wembley next year. I have seen them win at Old Trafford before but it was the division 2 premiership and when they last played at Wembley I was at Old Trafford watching Manchester United beat Leicester City 3-2. I didn't start watching RL until 1971.

1 minute ago, my missus said:

to easy bibby goes very close but no try.

Not too easy, then. Good work by Minikin.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived