Championship club of the year

spanishknight

After 60 years of supporting York RL I have never felt so proud. These are richly deserved awards after one of the best seasons ever. Well done James, and thankyou John Flatman for taking our beloved club back up to a level not seen for donkeys years. 

York and proud.?

Must admit to having a little tear in my eye as James and John went up for the award. Thankfully I was at the other side of the room on the media table. ??

Managed to have a natter to Gary Thornton, Cedric Garcia from Toulouse and me old mate Tubby Aston and sat with one of my favourite commentators, BBC's Dave Woods.

A couple of interviews from the night coming up on the BBC Radio York website soon hopefully..

20 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Fordy, Championship Coach of the year. Well done James. 

Fully deserved the award for what he has done this season on one of the lowest playing budget in the Division,but lot of praise must go to the players who have shown that the step up to the championship has been nothing less than unbelievable and the future of the knights looks very bright under John Flatman and James Ford.

Archived