Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Let's hope we both get decent squads.I'd sooner both teams fighting for 7 8 or 9 than be trying not to be relegated.

Pah, Dewsbury are doomed this season and they know it...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 26/09/2019 at 21:53, the old nine ole said:

Is that code for San Miguel or a nice Rioja??? 

Maybe a nice Chianti, with some fava beans?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 27/09/2019 at 18:50, RogerT said:

He's our's now.

He's our wife now!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 27/09/2019 at 23:18, Piggy's mate said:

Pah, Dewsbury are doomed this season and they know it...

Get your Tena Pants order in now PM and save a bit of brass.

I note from today's LE that Robbie Ward's departure has been confirmed. Another one off to a "bigger" club.

Good luck Robbie.

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I note from today's LE that Robbie Ward's departure has been confirmed. Another one off to a "bigger" club.

Good luck Robbie.

Finishing in 12th place and being relegation favourites next season there are lots of bigger clubs! Don't understand why Anakin wants to play in championship one? I'd guess he's a clause that allows him to come to Batley for 2021 ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Finishing in 12th place and being relegation favourites next season there are lots of bigger clubs! Don't understand why Anakin wants to play in championship one? I'd guess he's a clause that allows him to come to Batley for 2021 ?

PM, why persist with this nonsensical belief every year? If it’s to wind us up, it probably does with some, but it’s been done so much, especially by you, it now has lost its effect. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

54 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

PM, why persist with this nonsensical belief every year? If it’s to wind us up, it probably does with some, but it’s been done so much, especially by you, it now has lost its effect. 

You get closer and closer every season, I've got to be right sometime! It's usual that the automatically promoted team stays up and the runners up go down along with the lowest placed team in the championship. You haven't signed anyone of significance other than one lad who tbf has played for you before, so doesn't count really and other than that? Just being realistic. The owner will get a nice revenue from the Bulls and if your relegated it would probably increase your attendance, again all good for the owner turning a nice profit out of the Rams!

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Leave him alone, he's harmless. Along with the rest of the Dog's faithful, he will persist with delusions of mediocrity until two thirds of the way through the season, when they start looking nervously over their shoulders, and commence their annual hobby of  demanding the coach's head. By then he will have started to realize they are yet again in the same boat as us, and stop pestering. Mind, he could be right for once. :kolobok_acute:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I actually believe that it's in the area's interest for both clubs to be doing well. We BOTH need to start off being confident. Greenwood will be less green under the collar, Lingard will want to prove his point, give them a chance.

14 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Leave him alone, he's harmless. Along with the rest of the Dog's faithful, he will persist with delusions of mediocrity until two thirds of the way through the season, when they start looking nervously over their shoulders, and commence their annual hobby of  demanding the coach's head. By then he will have started to realize they are yet again in the same boat as us, and stop pestering. Mind, he could be right for once. :kolobok_acute:

I agree with you GOR. I think we will both be in the running for the drop next season, especially if Newcastle gain promotion. They will have a much bigger budget than either of us in HW and already have players we can't afford...

I really hope I'm wrong, but Whitehaven look to be putting a good squad together and it's never easy to go up to Cumbria to get a result. There is a big question mark over Swinton currently, so they could be favourites, if nothing changes, but then I honestly can't see much beyond one of us joining them. I honestly thought Swinton would go down this year, but they were better than either of us, and so far, neither of us have really strengthened, so I fear the worst.

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You get closer and closer every season, I've got to be right sometime! It's usual that the automatically promoted team stays up and the runners up go down along with the lowest placed team in the championship. You haven't signed anyone of significance other than one lad who tbf has played for you before, so doesn't count really and other than that? Just being realistic. The owner will get a nice revenue from the Bulls and if your relegated it would probably increase your attendance, again all good for the owner turning a nice profit out of the Rams!

Wind-ups, yes but attempts at accusing MS of making a profit out of the club are truly in Fantasyland. Honestly, how many Championship clubs have turned a profit in the last five years?

Back on your medication PM, before it is too late.

19 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I agree with you GOR. I think we will both be in the running for the drop next season, especially if Newcastle gain promotion. They will have a much bigger budget than either of us in HW and already have players we can't afford...

I really hope I'm wrong, but Whitehaven look to be putting a good squad together and it's never easy to go up to Cumbria to get a result. There is a big question mark over Swinton currently, so they could be favourites, if nothing changes, but then I honestly can't see much beyond one of us joining them. I honestly thought Swinton would go down this year, but they were better than either of us, and so far, neither of us have really strengthened, so I fear the worst.

Swinton and Oldham, nailed on for the drop. Get your money on now.

I think it's hard to gauge our realistic chances until we know what squad we've actually got...... The signings of Annakin & Speakman are very positive (IMO) and i'm hoping the "quality before quantity" ethos brings further promising signings...... Whilst I understand the marketing approach of 2020 on Tuesdays & Fridays, I don't really see how it helps in such things as Season Ticket sales.....

And can't we at least be told who has definitely left....... Walshaw & Ward seem to have gone, and strong rumours of Morton moving on but nothing concrete that I can see

FWIW .........I reckon we'll finish above the Dogs next season.......and not just one place !!!

Swinton have a better side than both of us, Newcastle, if it is them, will also have a stronger set up. Whitehaven might pull off a result or 2 at home but will struggle away. London, Toulouse, Leigh and Fev will be up top, so both of us have to concentrate on performances against the likes of Halifax, Sheffield and Widnes today at out of 2nd bottom!!

10 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I think it's hard to gauge our realistic chances until we know what squad we've actually got...... The signings of Annakin & Speakman are very positive (IMO) and i'm hoping the "quality before quantity" ethos brings further promising signings...... Whilst I understand the marketing approach of 2020 on Tuesdays & Fridays, I don't really see how it helps in such things as Season Ticket sales.....

And can't we at least be told who has definitely left....... Walshaw & Ward seem to have gone, and strong rumours of Morton moving on but nothing concrete that I can see

FWIW .........I reckon we'll finish above the Dogs next season.......and not just one place !!!

If you were at the fans' forum you would have heard LG's response to this issue of who has already left.

According to RFL regulations players are contracted until 31st October and only if they want it announcing should clubs say that a player has left. If they have retired or signed for another team then this is not usually a problem but, if their future in uncertain, then it is unfair on the player to say anything before their contract has officially ended.

2 hours ago, Townie said:

I won't be surprised if Paul Sykes retires to become the assistant coach.

I would.

56 minutes ago, phildog said:

Swinton have a better side than both of us, Newcastle, if it is them, will also have a stronger set up. Whitehaven might pull off a result or 2 at home but will struggle away. London, Toulouse, Leigh and Fev will be up top, so both of us have to concentrate on performances against the likes of Halifax, Sheffield and Widnes today at out of 2nd bottom!!

Really PD? Given that they have lost their entire board and nobody has yet come forward to pick up the financial slack I don't think that Swinton will be doing any team-strengthening any time soon.

On 24/09/2019 at 20:56, Wakefield Ram said:

As players get signed pick your own team. Think they're might be a couple of others already signed on for next season. Sure someone will put me right.

1 Joe Martin

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

14 Sam Day

17 Fraser Morris

Shaping up...

Archived