Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

1 minute ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Shaping up...

Needs a proper centre!! ....  Id take Sykes at centre and a younger pacey 6 to make the best of anything that Finn might have to offer .....  or Sykes at 6 and another Adam Ryder at 3! .... either way we need some incision somewhere in the backs!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Needs a proper centre!! ....  Id take Sykes at centre and a younger pacey 6 to make the best of anything that Finn might have to offer .....  or Sykes at 6 and another Adam Ryder at 3! .... either way we need some incision somewhere in the backs!

Agree..  Sykes would go well at centre....

After what LG said at the forum its very interesting to see who gets re-signed and who doesn't mind...

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Really PD? Given that they have lost their entire board and nobody has yet come forward to pick up the financial slack I don't think that Swinton will be doing any team-strengthening any time soon.

And now been placed in special measures by the RFL.

How many Championship clubs haven't been in special measures so far? I know of at least two.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Really PD? Given that they have lost their entire board and nobody has yet come forward to pick up the financial slack I don't think that Swinton will be doing any team-strengthening any time soon.

36 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

And now been placed in special measures by the RFL.

How many Championship clubs haven't been in special measures so far? I know of at least two.

I'm sure I've seen a report saying that the ex-directors will honour financial commitments for the coming season, although the placing into SMs you mention would suggest otherwise.

On 02/10/2019 at 19:57, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm sure I've seen a report saying that the ex-directors will honour financial commitments for the coming season, although the placing into SMs you mention would suggest otherwise.

Yes, they have said that they will honour existing contracts. That excludes any new signings, of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, graham fisher said:

It was Steve Wild the one remaining director that put the statement out,they have a meeting with the RFL early next week.

He said that, although in special measures, they are not banned from signing new players. He expects the RFL to approve their new structure and budgets next week. Bradford said something similar a month ago; it hasn't yet happened.

I am not having a go at Swinton, just substantiating my opinion that they will struggle next season and disagreeing with the claim that they will have a stronger squad than either of the HW clubs.

Simply an opinion, however.

Other news is that Joe Martin has signed up for 2020. Only a one year contract but encouraging nevertheless.

And Batley have just announced the signing of Dale Morton. They should be up to budget by now.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

For any Rams fans that are interested,we’ve signed Jon Magrin from the Bulls. A good signing imo.

Who..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Now now come away Graham. They'll do a Leigh and toronto mid season sign any mercenaries with boots or dr with the bulls scraps

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

Now now come away Graham. They'll do a Leigh and toronto mid season sign any mercenaries with boots or dr with the bulls scraps

And I thought that you didn't drink 9'O.

Is there a translation available?

The Swinton thing is in a right mess; 2 articles saying different things; the no measures one denying it came out before the one announcing it, how does that work??

Our signing of Dale Morton seems a bit odd to me, don't really see, unless somebody from The Flatts can educate me, just what he will bring that we didn't have already. Like many I can't see the point in a possible mass exchange of playing strength. I know we.have to give everybody a chance to put on their show, but ain't over-impressed so far.

On 01/10/2019 at 19:03, phildog said:

Swinton have a better side than both of us, Newcastle, if it is them, will also have a stronger set up. Whitehaven might pull off a result or 2 at home but will struggle away. London, Toulouse, Leigh and Fev will be up top, so both of us have to concentrate on performances against the likes of Halifax, Sheffield and Widnes today at out of 2nd bottom!!

Having just watched the League 1 play off I think Oldham will give us a fair game.  Hard to compare I know but both teams seemed to want to play more open football than Ive sen from us recently and I thought Oldham had a pretty good kicking game...Will be an interesting season for sure...

Archived