Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Having just watched the League 1 play off I think Oldham will give us a fair game.  Hard to compare I know but both teams seemed to want to play more open football than Ive sen from us recently and I thought Oldham had a pretty good kicking game...Will be an interesting season for sure...

Losing their coach; a smaller budget than ours; uncertainty about where they will play. They must be favourites for relegation already.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/09/2019 at 20:56, Wakefield Ram said:

As players get signed pick your own team. Think they're might be a couple of others already signed on for next season. Sure someone will put me right.

1 Joe Martin

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

Looks like we will have a big pack.....just needs some backs. Real shame about Dale going, always played well and strange signing for Batley as they seem to have decent wingers.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Looks like we will have a big pack.....just needs some backs. Real shame about Dale going, always played well and strange signing for Batley as they seem to have decent wingers.

"have had" WR.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Another theme year - 6 props and counting if Annakin is going to be used there. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Magrin looks decent for you.  Charlie Martin any relation to the guy Joe? That Charlie always looked like a good game but actually lived up to his name!!

GOR, as you say SEEM to have wingers but no news coming through on either JC or Walker, who it appears are considering offers elsewhere,  which is why we took Dale, and who we appear to have paid over budget hence BISSA chipping in. Still, despite signing Pick, we're a big mobile prop missing which is where I personally would have been looking to BISSA.

6 hours ago, phildog said:

GOR, as you say SEEM to have wingers but no news coming through on either JC or Walker, who it appears are considering offers elsewhere,  which is why we took Dale, and who we appear to have paid over budget hence BISSA chipping in. Still, despite signing Pick, we're a big mobile prop missing which is where I personally would have been looking to BISSA.

The more BISSA get, the more they can spend!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, silverback said:

sykes,?.

We're being drip fed (as in water torture), so he'll probably be our last announcement - probably sometime round Boxing Day.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I agree. I would just love the club to release who has signed . Who has been offered terms but yet to sign and who we have released. I thought this two Signings a week thing was a good idea but now I'm just worried . Everyone seems so far ahead with their recruitment / nearly finished and we don't even know who our back line is. Quite frankly I'm very worried. 

I think our pack will be the best we have had for a while but where are our backs . 

On the plus side now Lucas has gone to the dogs hopefully they will play him in the centres meaning rettie or Campbell will never see the ball 

14 minutes ago, SheffieldRam said:

On the plus side now Lucas has gone to the dogs hopefully they will play him in the centres meaning rettie or Campbell will never see the ball 

???

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

We're being drip fed (as in water torture), so he'll probably be our last announcement - probably sometime round Boxing Day.

I’d be surprised if we re-sign Sykes. Just a feeling.  
will be missed if I’m right.  Would like to see him at centre with Ryder. 

1 hour ago, Ramboy said:

JC staying at Batley...need to sign/ announce some backs soon. I like the Tuesday and Friday media stuff but I know people who aren't buying season tickets till we know more, let's get the names out to the public. 

Totally agree. We always buy 4 season tickets but even I am having serious doubts. We either have a good number to announce or we are way behind in recruitment and I fear its the latter

14 hours ago, SheffieldRam said:

they never saw the ball anyway....it was always dropped or intercepted before it got to the wingers.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

On 09/10/2019 at 21:19, scally said:

Totally agree. We always buy 4 season tickets but even I am having serious doubts. We either have a good number to announce or we are way behind in recruitment and I fear its the latter

When is the first fixture in the Championship?

When does pre-season training start?

From the Club Website:

Squad Announcement Update

Just in case you missed the club announcements below is the squad list so far for the season 2020.

Re-signings

Adam Ryder

Sam Day

Liam Finn

Michael Knowles

Tom Garratt

Martyn Reilly

Joe Martin

Frazer Morris

Luke Nelmes

Dom Speakman

New Signings 

Chris Annakin

Jon Magrin

At the fans forum head coach Lee Greenwood stated that two signings a week would be announced on a Tuesday and Friday at 20:20pm with the slogan #Ram2020.

Over the coming weeks, the club will continue to announce signings at 20:20pm as per the media strategy agreed between the club and Lee Greenwood.

It maybe the case if required that the signing announcements could be increased to three times a week.

Between now and the shirt launch, the date to be announced in the coming weeks. Further signings will be released to keep fans interest leading up to a meet the players event (December).

The club are looking forward to a bright 2020 campaign under head coach Lee Greenwood.

Your club, your community.

Steven Downes Rams Media Manager

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

From the Club Website:

Squad Announcement Update

Just in case you missed the club announcements below is the squad list so far for the season 2020.

Re-signings

Adam Ryder

Sam Day

Liam Finn

Michael Knowles

Tom Garratt

Martyn Reilly

Joe Martin

Frazer Morris

Luke Nelmes

Dom Speakman

New Signings 

Chris Annakin

Jon Magrin

At the fans forum head coach Lee Greenwood stated that two signings a week would be announced on a Tuesday and Friday at 20:20pm with the slogan #Ram2020.

Over the coming weeks, the club will continue to announce signings at 20:20pm as per the media strategy agreed between the club and Lee Greenwood.

It maybe the case if required that the signing announcements could be increased to three times a week.

Between now and the shirt launch, the date to be announced in the coming weeks. Further signings will be released to keep fans interest leading up to a meet the players event (December).

The club are looking forward to a bright 2020 campaign under head coach Lee Greenwood.

Your club, your community.

Steven Downes Rams Media Manager

Thats a big strong set of forward!!!  with Finn Martin and Ryder!!   Hope we announce a back tonight!

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Thats a big strong set of forward!!!  with Finn Martin and Ryder!!   Hope we announce a back tonight!

A decent half back would be even better ?

On 24/09/2019 at 20:56, Wakefield Ram said:

As players get signed pick your own team. Think they're might be a couple of others already signed on for next season. Sure someone will put me right.

1 Joe Martin

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

Hope we get Sykes again, just need some wingers now...

The excitement on here is palpable...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived