Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

On 16/10/2019 at 02:33, NickD said:

Another prop?

props seem to be the new second rows.  Wonder if LG gunna play one of em at centre?

Isn't Magrin a prop/loose forward? ( A sort of reverse Jeff Grayshon.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonny Esslemont has now been added to the squad: https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/10/18/esslemont-swaps-sheffield-for-rams/

It looks to be building nicely.

It would be nice to see a current list of squad members pinned to the forum, if anyone has the time and abilitty to do it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Seems a few are leaving Sheffield, is it because they are concentrating their money on the new stadium or they are signing better?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Seems a few are leaving Sheffield, is it because they are concentrating their money on the new stadium or they are signing better?

I don't think that Sheffield have ever spent a penny on any ground at which they have played. They did say that they were going to recruit six new players but I haven't heard any names yet. They might be waiting to see who else leaves Bradford.

31 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't think that Sheffield have ever spent a penny on any ground at which they have played. They did say that they were going to recruit six new players but I haven't heard any names yet. They might be waiting to see who else leaves Bradford.

I’ve also heard that the RFL are  refusing to register players by certain clubs,wonder if Sheffield are one of them?

47 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Just seen.

Have you heard anything maybe about a player leaving Dews for Sheffield? A replacement for Ben Blackmore maybe....just a rumour that’s kind of going around.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve also heard that the RFL are  refusing to register players by certain clubs,wonder if Sheffield are one of them?

I don't think so Graham, although I believe that Hunslet are one. It is mostly with regard to accepting budget forecasts, not necessarily anything more sinister.

Bradford are still in special measures though and will be until (if) the takeover goes through.

43 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Not heard that. I’ve heard Robbie Ward might be coming your way.

Not the RW I’d heard but.    ...Mmm ok 

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't think that Sheffield have ever spent a penny on any ground at which they have played. 

That can’t be right BSJ.  Those porto-loos must have cost them a small fortune!!  They even flush. 

15 hours ago, Maxi mum said:

Not the RW I’d heard but.    ...Mmm ok 

Rob Worrincey eh? I don't know if we have actually offered him a contract for next year so he might come your way, unless he retires.

12 hours ago, NickD said:

That can’t be right BSJ.  Those porto-loos must have cost them a small fortune!!  They even flush. 

you seem to be forgeting those real nice snazzy  portacabins changing rooms at owlerton,

Here we are so far...I'm wondering whether they are saving the re-signing of Paul Sykes for last? If he does that is..

1 Joe Martin

2 Andy Gabriel

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

26 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Here we are so far...I'm wondering whether they are saving the re-signing of Paul Sykes for last? If he does that is..

1 Joe Martin

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

Andy Gabriel

53 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

1 Joe Martin

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

I am very confident that Paul Sykes will sign for his last season as a player.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I am very confident that Paul Sykes will sign for his last season as a player.

I do hope so!!  ... I see we have signed another forward!  Thats 12 forward and 5 backs!! ... We really need to see some backs!!

I will be disappointed if Worrincey leaves I know he has his critics but I for one have really enjoyed watching him! ..... Whats Dalton Grant up to?

1 minute ago, the old nine ole said:

I do hope so!!  ... I see we have signed another forward!  Thats 12 forward and 5 backs!! ... We really need to see some backs!!

I will be disappointed if Worrincey leaves I know he has his critics but I for one have really enjoyed watching him! ..... Whats Dalton Grant up too?

Obviously we are going to play it in the forwards. James Thornton nephew of Shayne Williams. Yes Worrincy is leaving,his choice I believe for less money as well.

13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

.....Yes Worrincy is leaving,his choice I believe for less money as well.

Perhaps he will be selected at Sheffield even if he is unable to train regularly, whereas with Dews it might be “no training, no playing”.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived