Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

Unless Tubbs is a far better coach than he's given credit for J don't such many miles in the Zak McComb story, didn't make much of his chance at The Mount so that's not great news for anybody else....

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, phildog said:

Unless Tubbs is a far better coach than he's given credit for J don't such many miles in the Zak McComb story, didn't make much of his chance at The Mount so that's not great news for anybody else....

Yes but players develop and improve. He was very young when he was with us.

13 hours ago, distantdog said:

Yes but players develop and improve. He was very young when he was with us.

Him and Brad Hey have learnt in league 1 it just shows how badly the A team has been missed as they both were behind 2 decent centres in the past at batley in 2015 and 2016 

Looks a decent side, big pack, just need Finn and Sykes to stay fit and think we will be okay.

1 Joe Martin

2 Andy Gabriel

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

6 Paul Sykes

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Jon Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

19 James Thornton

If we are running a team of 24/25 players (as rumour would have it) then it looks like we only have around half a dozen more to announce. 

These are the players not already announced who I reckon will leave the club:

Alex Brown

Nyle Flynn

Lewis Heckford

Daniel Igbinedion

Danny King

Liam Mackay

Jack Ray

Toby Richardson

Jode Sheriffe 

Jacob Thomas

Robbie Ward

Harvey Whiteley 

My predictions are not that brilliant; I’ve never won the lottery (I have the half-time draw once though), so I probably will be wrong on some. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

6 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

If we are running a team of 24/25 players (as rumour would have it) then it looks like we only have around half a dozen more to announce. 

These are the players not already announced who I reckon will leave the club:

Alex Brown

Nyle Flynn

Lewis Heckford

Daniel Igbinedion

Danny King

Liam Mackay

Jack Ray

Toby Richardson

Jode Sheriffe 

Jacob Thomas

Robbie Ward

Harvey Whiteley 

My predictions are not that brilliant; I’ve never won the lottery (I have the half-time draw once though), so I probably will be wrong on some. 

I understood the number to be 22/23 CF. LG has already said that Robbie Ward was leaving.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I would be sorry to see Toby Richardson depart. When he joined us from Dewsbury Moor near to the end of NEil Kelly's period he was one of our best forwards. He has not had many chances this season to show what he can do. We should keep him !

Jacob Thomas and Lewis Heckford should also be given more time to develop

Davey Dixon!!!!!!   ..... says he's a flying winger!!!  Bet he isn't as fast or as strong as Rob Worrincy!!  ... anyone know anything about him?    .... I was hoping for championship proved winger .... I'd have taken Dalton's Grant back!

Still Gabriel turned out OK ...... 

On 25/10/2019 at 20:26, the old nine ole said:

Davey Dixon!!!!!!   ..... says he's a flying winger!!!  Bet he isn't as fast or as strong as Rob Worrincy!!  ... anyone know anything about him?    ....I was hoping for championship proved winger .... I'd have taken Dalton's Grant back!

I liked Worrincey too but I heard that his job with the police is making it difficult to get to training regularly. This might be why he hasn't signed with us but I don't know for sure.

It is difficult to judge players from L1 until they get their chance to perform in the Championship. He is young and big, so let's hope that he is also quick and knows how to defend.

I believe that Grant values himself at a level that we wouldn't choose to pay.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 25/10/2019 at 20:26, the old nine ole said:

Davey Dixon!!!!!!   ..... says he's a flying winger!!!  Bet he isn't as fast or as strong as Rob Worrincy!!  ... anyone know anything about him?    ....I was  hoping for championship proved winger .... I'd have taken Dalton's Grant back!

No where near championship standard in my opinion, no one I know was at all disappointed when we realised him a few weeks ago. Hope he proves me wrong as he's a very nice lad with a great attitude but no where near the level of Gabriel and Ryder, two players I'd love to see back one day.

41 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

No where near championship standard in my opinion, no one I know was at all disappointed when we realised him a few weeks ago. Hope he proves me wrong as he's a very nice lad with a great attitude but no where near the level of Gabriel and Ryder, two players I'd love to see back one day.

Well that’s just piffed on my fire?

4 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Rob Worrincy could score tries but his inconsistent handling and defence outweighed the tries. Shame as he is a real entertainer but he could score a 100m try as easy as drop the ball over the line and gift a try.

He was also fantastic at carrying the ball from our line .. like a forward!! and won more penalties than anyone else in the team!!

I will miss him!! he was a great entertainer!! 

I see that Dixon is in the Scotland 19 for tomorrow's international.

I note that it is Liam Finn's 36th birthday next weekend. At some point next season we look likely to have a half back pairing with a combined age of 75. I assume that this will be a first for Dewsbury but will it be a first for the sport as a whole?

58 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I note that it is Liam Finn's 36th birthday next weekend. At some point next season we look likely to have a half back pairing with a combined age of 75. I assume that this will be a first for Dewsbury but will it be a first for the sport as a whole?

At my Grandads nursing home they have a half back pair who's combined age is 154, they turned the Rams down last week. ?

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not sure it would be a first for Dewsbury; how old were Johnny Bullock and Alvin Newall? They always looked old to me. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived