Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hear a whisper that another winger is on his way to us. This might make Grumpy and Nick slightly happier even if not completely gruntled.

You old tease !!  :kolobok_scratch_one-s_head:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we any cover at half back if Mr Sykes or Mr Finn get injured? I think not unless our two hookers will play there and then who will go to no.9 ? What if both of the above names get injured at the same time? Here's hoping for 2 more signings before the season begins.

6 hours ago, myview said:

Have we any cover at half back if Mr Sykes or Mr Finn get injured? I think not unless our two hookers will play there and then who will go to no.9 ? What if both of the above names get injured at the same time? Here's hoping for 2 more signings before the season begins.

Not ideal, but both Knowles & Speakman have operated in the halves before.....and we know that DAY has an 80 minute game in him.

Ideally now, I would suggest, we need a couple of adaptable, pacey backs who can supplement / cover most positions..... and there is always the DR with HKR to fall back on........ (hopefully).... Who they might be is another question altogether

Have the 2020 announcements now finished on a Tuesday & Friday ???

3 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Not ideal, but both Knowles & Speakman have operated in the halves before.....and we know that DAY has an 80 minute game in him.

Ideally now, I would suggest, we need a couple of adaptable, pacey backs who can supplement / cover most positions..... and there is always the DR with HKR to fall back on........ (hopefully).... Who they might be is another question altogether

Have the 2020 announcements now finished on a Tuesday & Friday ???

We also know that Day can play on the wing, both wings in one game recently!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

14 hours ago, myview said:

As MS confirmed at the FF we still have a chunk of our budget left but it will only be used to sign the right players. I am certain that LG i looking closely for half back cover so we might yet sign someone before the season starts.

I see that Isaac Farrell has signed for Sheffield - would he have fitted the bill?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

As MS confirmed at the FF we still have a chunk of our budget left but it will only be used to sign the right players. I am certain that LG i looking closely for half back cover so we might yet sign someone before the season starts.

I see that Isaac Farrell has signed for Sheffield - would he have fitted the bill?

LG also said he was looking to cut down on stupid penalties and ill discipline.......... On that basis, I would say Isaac Farrell wouldn't be in the reckoning............... On ability & potential, maybe .....

7 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

LG also said he was looking to cut down on stupid penalties and ill discipline.......... On that basis, I would say Isaac Farrell wouldn't be in the reckoning............... On ability & potential, maybe .....

He played really well for Rochdale against us at their place ..... I thought he could have benefitted from the space Finn makes and  also learned a lot from Sykesie ... with Paul playing at centre ... but hey ho not to be!!   

Just now, the old nine ole said:

He played really well for Rochdale against us at their place ..... I thought he could have benefitted from the space Finn makes and  also learned a lot from Sykesie ... with Paul playing at centre ... but hey ho not to be!!   

The attraction of playing for Mark Aston will have outweighed all other considerations.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Both Ward and Worrincy signed for Sheffield,I hear the latter is regretting it already and they’ve not started pre season yet.

Well if he wants to change his mind .... and we haven't signed another winger ... then lets take him back!!  Surely a contract has a cooling off clause!!

Any ideas who the mystery winger is? ......  I wonder. looking at his quotes about facilities if Greg Johnson got us mixed up with Bradford and he's signed for the wrong club!!

32 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Both Ward and Worrincy signed for Sheffield,I hear the latter is regretting it already and they’ve not started pre season yet.

I think a certain full back felt the same last year after joining them.

12 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Well if he wants to change his mind .... and we haven't signed another winger ... then lets take him back!!  Surely a contract has a cooling off clause!!

Any ideas who the mystery winger is? ......  I wonder. looking at his quotes about facilities if Greg Johnson got us mixed up with Bradford and he's signed for the wrong club!!

I believe that we have three wingers and, given our expanisve exuberant style, that will probably be sufficient. (Not to mention our titchy, tiny pitch.)

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I believe that we have three wingers and, given our expanisve exuberant style, that will probably be sufficient. (Not to mention our titchy, tiny pitch.)

Gabriel,,, Dixon and who else?

Plus the titchy tiny pitch didn't stop Worrincy from scoring a few spectacular ones!! ... I like my team to have a real entertaining finisher .. its adds an extra dimension to being a speccie!

The club has just announced a DR arrangement with Coventry Bears. It will be interesting to see how this develops. I guess that it gives us another iron in the fire, just in case.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

The club has just announced a DR arrangement with Coventry Bears. It will be interesting to see how this develops. I guess that it gives us another iron in the fire, just in case.

is Jamahl Hunte still with them - reckon he'd be worth a punt - strong and fast. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

is Jamahl Hunte still with them - reckon he'd be worth a punt - strong and fast. 

Only played three times for them last season and now a free agent.

Morgan Punchard is the latest recruit, a half back signed from Featherstone. This might make GOR happy less grumpy.

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Morgan Punchard is the latest recruit, a half back signed from Featherstone. This might make GOR happy less grumpy.

Who ???  :kolobok_scratch_one-s_head:

George Bernard Shaw.

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Should av been a boxer with a name like that..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I remember him playing for Halifax reserves against us. Must have been the surname that struck!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Word on the mean streets is that our squad is now complete with 25 players signed up and raring to go in training, which begins next week. We should even have competition at centre and on the wings, for once not incorporating the second rowers who can run.

Lots of new faces and players to bed in, a refreshed coaching set up and positive attitudes overall should led to optimism amongst most fans. Lets' hope that it is fulflled.

I for one am looking forward to the new season already - just a couple of months to kill.

23 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Who ???  :kolobok_scratch_one-s_head:

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/11/08/rams-sign-punchard/

I think this internet thing is actually going to catch on Grumpy.

45 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/11/08/rams-sign-punchard/

I think this internet thing is actually going to catch on Grumpy.

I'm gathering we have signed a couple more backs as cover then. Will I have heard of them, or will they be as obscure as all but two of our new signings ? Honestly BSJ, the suspense is killing me, and I bet they are on tenterhooks down in Coventry as well. :kolobok_nea:

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived