Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, NickD said:

I see Hull KR have signed a couple of half backs.  Might be good news for us if their second" string end up needing a run out...

You're getting as bad as Featherstone Rhinos, why not just go and watch HKR?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

You're getting as bad as Featherstone Rhinos, why not just go and watch HKR?

I love it when you get petulant PM. I doubt that we'll be borrowing halfbacks from HKR unless Sykes and Flynn get injured , or anybody else for that matter, although I'd be surprised if Trouty doesn't spend time with us -  oh and maybe the odd prop,  we're a bit short of those.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Eh? We have one HKR player only on loan. 

He's just getting nowty because their lot will be the relegation fodder next year.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve heard you’ll be getting 1 or 2 loan players in,Will that be ok?

Don't mind a loanee

Or two ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:14, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

I'll start to pick mine now, since we're well in to pre season.

1. Joe Martin

2. Andy Gabriel

3. Jason Walton

4. Adam Ryder

5. Davey Dixon

6. Paul Sykes

7. Liam Finn

8. Tom Garrett

9. Dom Speakman

10. Chris Annakin

11. Michael Knowles

12. James Thornton

13. Sonny Esslemont

14. Jon Magrin

15. Sam Day

16. Sam Scott

17. Morgan Punchard

I'll fill in the blanks nearer boxing day depending on who signs/resigns.

Chris Annakin is injured and won't be playing on Boxing Day, so for boxing day Sam Scott will take his place and James Thornton will fill in for Sam on the bench.

7 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

Chris Annakin is injured and won't be playing on Boxing Day, so for boxing day Sam Scott will take his place and James Thornton will fill in for Sam on the bench.

Are you assuming that this game will only feature 17 players for each team Kelsey? In the past Boxing Day games tend to have featured far more, hence their increasing lack of relevance.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

hence their increasing lack of relevance.

That's only because you never win! Let's see how much noise you all make if you ever do!

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are you assuming that this game will only feature 17 players for each team Kelsey? In the past Boxing Day games tend to have featured far more, hence their increasing lack of relevance.

I was just picking my side BSJ, I know that most players if not all will feature though.

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

That's only because you never win! Let's see how much noise you all make if you ever do!

Not much PM. Even the most myopic Batley fan knows that the result of this game counts for nothing when the real season comes along. Of course, for those who need to grasp at the slightest of victories there will always be some crowing, won't there?

Archived