Team for next season

Wakefield Ram

As players get signed pick your own team. Think they're might be a couple of others already signed on for next season. Sure someone will put me right.

1 Joe Martin

2 Andy Gabriel

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

5 Davy Dixon

6 Paul Sykes

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

19 James Thornton

20 Liam Johnson

21 Connor Scott

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

As players get signed pick your own team. Think they're might be a couple of others already signed on for next season. Sure someone will put me right.

4 Adam Ryder

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

14 Sam Day

I think Lee has already stated that Chris Annakin will start at prop and Id prefer to see Dom at 7 and start with Sam Day at 9...

11 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Well based on a squad of around 24  ... and  8 already known .... that means we have to wait another 8 weeks to find out the squad .... maybe 9 if they announce the new assistant coaches!!  ... I've heard of drip feeding but this is bordering on a drought !!  

You must really struggle when it gets near Christmas TONO, ripping the wrapping paper off all of your presents weeks early.

Just go on another cruise for a couple of weeks and relax.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

32 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You must really struggle when it gets near Christmas Grumpy, ripping the wrapping paper off all of your presents weeks early.

Just go on another cruise for a couple of weeks and relax.

Grumpy!!! is that a case of  mistaken identity or a comment on my demeanour   ?? 

26 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Grumpy!!! is that a case of  mistaken identity or a comment on my demeanour   ?? 

Apologies, my error, since corrected.

Remove the attribution but the comment holds good.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Apologies, my error, since corrected.

Remove the attribution but the comment holds good.

Your original post would still be pertinent BSJ, although I don't unwrap gifts prematurely. I already know that Mrs Grumpy's Christmas purchases will largely feature shirts and jumpers, of which I already have a large number in the wardrobe still unused. Bit like LG's policy on signing second rows last year actually.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 24/09/2019 at 20:01, NickD said:

I think Lee has already stated that Chris Annakin will start at prop and Id prefer to see Dom at 7 and start with Sam Day at 9...

I like the idea of Annakin as prop. He reminds me so much of my all time favorite Dewsbury prop, the great Gary Cocks. Annakin is a true team player, never gives less than 100%, never takes a backward step, and leads the pack by example, and if he demonstrates the same degree of loyalty that GC did, I reckon we have an inspirational signing. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I like the idea of Annakin as prop. He reminds me so much of my all time favorite Dewsbury prop, the great Gary Cocks. Annakin is a true team player, never gives less than 100%, never takes a backward step, and leads the pack by example, and if he demonstrates the same degree of loyalty that GC did, I reckon we have an inspirational signing. 

I hope his tackling will be as robust as GC’s.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

I wouldn't object to seeing Luke Hooley in the No1 shirt for us next season. It's his natural position and I'm sure he'd do a decent job being here permanently now Wakefield have released him 

We already have a better full back.

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

I am assuming you mean Joe Martin.... but has he re-signed? ... It has not been confirmed yet ... perhaps tomorrow at 2020!!... 

Or next week, maybe the week after. How will you manage to sleep TONO - grownups Calpol maybe?

13 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Another signing announcement tonight,wonder who it could be ?

My guess will be another re-signing!!  .... probably Joe Martin, Luke Nelmes or Fraser Morriss!!  ... I personally would like to hear of a new signing .... or if a re-signing then Paul Sykes would be good!! ..... or Rob Worrincy ... I know he has his critics, but he is still an amazing try scorer, still got fantastic pace... a great entertainer and a good ambassador for the game

On 26/09/2019 at 16:55, muddyfunster said:

I wouldn't object to seeing Luke Hooley in the No1 shirt for us next season. It's his natural position and I'm sure he'd do a decent job being here permanently now Wakefield have released him 

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived