Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wakefield Ram

Team for next season

Recommended Posts

On 16/10/2019 at 02:33, NickD said:

Another prop😉

props seem to be the new second rows.  Wonder if LG gunna play one of em at centre?

Isn't Magrin a prop/loose forward? ( A sort of reverse Jeff Grayshon.)


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonny Esslemont has now been added to the squad: https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/10/18/esslemont-swaps-sheffield-for-rams/

It looks to be building nicely.

It would be nice to see a current list of squad members pinned to the forum, if anyone has the time and abilitty to do it.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It would be nice to see a current list of squad members pinned to the forum, if anyone has the time and abilitty to do it.

I will happily pin it if someone wants to compile it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a few are leaving Sheffield, is it because they are concentrating their money on the new stadium or they are signing better?


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Professional players are just like teachers or bricklayers. Whichever school, building site or Rugby club offers the best rates of pay is the place where they end up going to. Simple as that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Seems a few are leaving Sheffield, is it because they are concentrating their money on the new stadium or they are signing better?

I don't think that Sheffield have ever spent a penny on any ground at which they have played. They did say that they were going to recruit six new players but I haven't heard any names yet. They might be waiting to see who else leaves Bradford.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't think that Sheffield have ever spent a penny on any ground at which they have played. They did say that they were going to recruit six new players but I haven't heard any names yet. They might be waiting to see who else leaves Bradford.

I’ve also heard that the RFL are  refusing to register players by certain clubs,wonder if Sheffield are one of them🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles have just announced Zack McComb from Oldham, probably because it’s been posted on the Oldham forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Just seen.

Have you heard anything maybe about a player leaving Dews for Sheffield? A replacement for Ben Blackmore maybe....just a rumour that’s kind of going around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxi mum said:

Have you heard anything maybe about a player leaving Dews for Sheffield? A replacement for Ben Blackmore maybe....just a rumour that’s kind of going around.

Not heard that. I’ve heard Robbie Ward might be coming your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve also heard that the RFL are  refusing to register players by certain clubs,wonder if Sheffield are one of them🤔

I don't think so Graham, although I believe that Hunslet are one. It is mostly with regard to accepting budget forecasts, not necessarily anything more sinister.

Bradford are still in special measures though and will be until (if) the takeover goes through.

  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Not heard that. I’ve heard Robbie Ward might be coming your way.

Not the RW I’d heard but.    ...Mmm ok 

Edited by Maxi mum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't think that Sheffield have ever spent a penny on any ground at which they have played. 

That can’t be right BSJ.  Those porto-loos must have cost them a small fortune!!  They even flush. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maxi mum said:

Not the RW I’d heard but.    ...Mmm ok 

Rob Worrincey eh? I don't know if we have actually offered him a contract for next year so he might come your way, unless he retires.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Rob Worrincey eh? I don't know if we have actually offered him a contract for next year so he might come your way, unless he retires.

Just heard he’s going back to Sheffield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Just heard he’s going back to Sheffield.

It’s what I heard too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NickD said:

That can’t be right BSJ.  Those porto-loos must have cost them a small fortune!!  They even flush. 

you seem to be forgeting those real nice snazzy  portacabins changing rooms at owlerton,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we are so far...I'm wondering whether they are saving the re-signing of Paul Sykes for last? If he does that is..

 

1 Joe Martin

2 Andy Gabriel

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

5

6

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

 

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Here we are so far...I'm wondering whether they are saving the re-signing of Paul Sykes for last? If he does that is..

 

1 Joe Martin

2

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

5

6

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

 

Andy Gabriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Here we are so far...I'm wondering whether they are saving the re-signing of Paul Sykes for last? If he does that is..

 

1 Joe Martin

2

3 Jason Walton

4 Adam Ryder

5

6

7 Liam Finn

8 Tom Garratt

9. Dom Speakman

10 Martyn Reilly

11 Chris Annakin

12 Michael Knowles

13 Sonny Esslemont

14 Sam Day

15 Joe Magrin

16 Luke Nelmes

17 Fraser Morris

18 Sam Moorhouse

 

I am very confident that Paul Sykes will sign for his last season as a player.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I am very confident that Paul Sykes will sign for his last season as a player.

I do hope so!!  ... I see we have signed another forward!  Thats 12 forward and 5 backs!! ... We really need to see some backs!!

I will be disappointed if Worrincey leaves I know he has his critics but I for one have really enjoyed watching him! ..... Whats Dalton Grant up to?

Edited by the old nine ole
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the old nine ole said:

I do hope so!!  ... I see we have signed another forward!  Thats 12 forward and 5 backs!! ... We really need to see some backs!!

I will be disappointed if Worrincey leaves I know he has his critics but I for one have really enjoyed watching him! ..... Whats Dalton Grant up too?

Obviously we are going to play it in the forwards. James Thornton nephew of Shayne Williams. Yes Worrincy is leaving,his choice I believe for less money as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I missed something ??? .......... What about James Thornton ???

On the subject of SYKES.........the piece about Sam Moorhouse on the Club's website indicates that Sykes will be involved next season....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

.....Yes Worrincy is leaving,his choice I believe for less money as well.

Perhaps he will be selected at Sheffield even if he is unable to train regularly, whereas with Dews it might be “no training, no playing”.

  • Like 2

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...