Out of Your League podcast

Lowdesert

15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Unsure if there’s ever been a thread on this, but 1st time for me watching Shaun Wane interview.

I suppose only for diehard RL fans but very fluid interview show on a budget. 

Add a some video content and a rotation of guests could be a regular TV programme imo.

Saw it would recommend it.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Unsure if there’s ever been a thread on this, but 1st time for me watching Shaun Wane interview.

I suppose only for diehard RL fans but very fluid interview show on a budget. 

Add a some video content and a rotation of guests could be a regular TV programme imo.

There was an earlier thread, a month or two ago, which was the first I'd heard of it. I've enjoyed the ones I have watched, and will watch more.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There was an earlier thread, a month or two ago, which was the first I'd heard of it. I've enjoyed the ones I have watched, and will watch more.

I actually thought it was a 30 minute show but it was 1 hour.  Does the main guy work for the BBC?

Shaun Wane was pretty good too.  Interesting that the media have him searching fir work in the NRL but he doesn’t seem that fussed if ho goes or not!

• 1 year later...

This podcast is back again after almost a year off. There was talk at one point that this was officially supported by Super League but they don't particularly appear to toe any party line (although criticism of Elstone is muted).

And on a similar subject i've not seen it mentioned anywhere but the Eddie & Stevo podcast is quite good if you find yourself missing the voices of Rugby League.

I think they did do an official SL Podcast, but maybe that got dropped when Covid hit etc

Always enjoyed the flat caps and whippets podcasts.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

37 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think they did do an official SL Podcast, but maybe that got dropped when Covid hit etc

Always enjoyed the flat caps and whippets podcasts.

Yeah that was OOYL which itself was Whippets and Flat Caps rebranded.

It was definitely part of a direction shift, one of the few major positives from Elstone, towards a younger more trendy audience 

6 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah that was OOYL which itself was Whippets and Flat Caps rebranded.

It was definitely part of a direction shift, one of the few major positives from Elstone, towards a younger more trendy audience 

OOYL was official SL material? There was loads of swearing and p155 taking, and it was good to listen to, I’d never have guessed that tbf.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

OOYL was official SL material? There was loads of swearing and p155 taking, and it was good to listen to, I’d never have guessed that tbf.

Yep it was certainly backed by SL HQ - put out on all their official channels. Doubtless it was a decision inspired by the House of Rugby podcast too.

Archived