£150k the rumoured fee for Gale

snapski

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

You think a coach has that little input on a player’s development? 

I would argue that’s a long way from reality 

No, read it again.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/09/2019 at 16:51, DoubleD said:

You think a coach has that little input on a player’s development? 

I would argue that’s a long way from reality 

Precisely, you can see who are the better/best coaches as they bring through talent and continue to improve them, a great coach improves players who are already doing very nicely when they get to work with them.

Getting your charges to play precisely as you want them to do to deliver the end result as often/consistently as possible is also something that shows up good coaching/good man management, there's certainly a few coaches that maximise what they have roster wise and there's certain coaches who under-perform regularly.

Losing players you've brought through/improved to 'bigger' clubs is always a perennial problem.

7 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Precisely, you can see who are the better/best coaches as they bring through talent and continue to improve them, a great coach improves players who are already doing very nicely when they get to work with them.

Getting your charges to play precisely as you want them to do to deliver the end result as often/consistently as possible is also something that shows up good coaching/good man management, there's certainly a few coaches that maximise what they have roster wise and there's certain coaches who under-perform regularly.

Losing players you've brought through/improved to 'bigger' clubs is always a perennial problem.

Just look at what Ryan Carr has done with the mish mash of players at his disposal

On 28/09/2019 at 07:27, DoubleD said:

Not just Powell either. People too often focus on the head coach but it surely helps having Ryan Sheridan and Danny Orr in the coaching team. If you’re a half, you should jump at the chance of joining Cas. Look at the improvement of Trueman

Yes agreeed

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

you cant go wrong with a recent man of steel must be the thinking behind this signing

I mean just look at rangi chase, Tomkins, Hardaker - barba, they have all gone on to do great...…………….oh hold on a minute.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That seems good business by cas for a guy in his 30s who’s spent a lot of the last two years injured ... although I’m not sure Richardson is the solution 

Do clubs get insurance money if players are long term injured? Cas have suffered because of these injuries. 

So of course has the player.  Good luck to him in the circumstances, I don't think he is doing much wrong in looking for a change. It's not his fault if (if) he turns out to have lost quality and age in tbe ladt 2 years.

Money is ok for Cas, but what is needed is players. 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

you cant go wrong with a recent man of steel must be the thinking behind this signing

I mean just look at rangi chase, Tomkins, Hardaker - barba, they have all gone on to do great...…………….oh hold on a minute.

I mean you've listed pretty much all the ones with off field issues....are you trying to imply something? 

I only ask as you've omitted the likes of Peacock, Sculthorpe, Houghton, Brough, Graham, Roby....the list goes on. 

23 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I mean you've listed pretty much all the ones with off field issues....are you trying to imply something? 

I only ask as you've omitted the likes of Peacock, Sculthorpe, Houghton, Brough, Graham, Roby....the list goes on. 

no mate, just recent ones seem under a hex either with injury, lack of form or whatever.

Geez I feel sorry for Gale, if you believe half the posts he's finished!

Why is he a crock all of a sudden?

He was the best 7 in SL, England's first choice, Dream Team 3 or 4 years on the bounce and Man of Steel! 

He is not so much reliant on his athletic ability but rather what is between his ears.

Unless he breaks down, which we have no reason to believe he will, then why would he not return at the same standard?

Widdop at Wolves is a much bigger gamble (one which I'd still go for) as he is more reliant on his physical attributes, is also the wrong side of 30 and does have somewhat of a fragile body.

If Cas are happy with the fee, great. World/International class halves don't grow on trees. 

I see no reason why Gale wont have the same effect on Leeds that Hardaker did on Cas in 17, Barba on Saints 18 and Hastings did this year at Salford.

53 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I see no reason why Gale wont have the same effect on Leeds that Hardaker did on Cas in 17, Barba on Saints 18 and Hastings did this year at Salford.

Hardaker was in his prime when he joined cas, barba and hastings  are a gulf apart in class and skill to gale if not more, any more reasons?

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Hardaker was in his prime when he joined cas, barba and hastings  are a gulf apart in class and skill to gale if not more, any more reasons?

whoa whao there buddy...his hair is back so like Samson he will be back to his super Gale form...duh!

End of day its good to see money changing hands for players...that's a sign of professionalism.

54 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Are they? Based on what? 

Hastings is a great player with tonnes more potential but still doesn't change the fact he's only done it for one season. Barba - unreal in attack but an absolute gate in defence who IMO should have been nowhere near the MoS award. Gale on the other hand, prior to his back to back injuries, was in SL Dream Team 3 years running and on the last occasion won the ultimate prize. 

10 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Are they? Based on what? 

Hastings is a great player with tonnes more potential but still doesn't change the fact he's only done it for one season. Barba - unreal in attack but an absolute gate in defence who IMO should have been nowhere near the MoS award. Gale on the other hand, prior to his back to back injuries, was in SL Dream Team 3 years running and on the last occasion won the ultimate prize. 

barba earned the nickname "box office barba" over here with in no time, gale wouldn't get a run out with the Melbourne storm 3rd reserves (the seagulls would prob swoop down and nick his wig mistaking it for a dead koala anyway) 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

barba earned the nickname "box office barba" over here with in no time, gale wouldn't get a run out with the Melbourne storm 3rd reserves (the seagulls would prob swoop down and nick his wig mistaking it for a dead koala anyway) 

Ah okay - I thought this was about their rugby abilities but I can see now it's not.

Don't like Gale do you, Johnny? 

Archived