£150k the rumoured fee for Gale

snapski

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, snapski said:

Got to admit, thought it would be more.

£65k of it for Danny Richardson at Saints.

Rumoured by whom?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 minutes ago, snapski said:

More? for a 31 year old half who's had the best part of 2 years out with serious knee injuries? Surprised its anywhere near that, unbelievable business by Cas. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

7 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Rumours of a last minute larger offer from another club kicking about.  Although I'd doubt anything will come of it, everything I've heard suggest the deal has been done (in principle) at least for a while now.

Whose the last minute larger offer going to be from? HKR? Can’t see it being anyone else. 

23 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Whose the last minute larger offer going to be from? HKR? Can’t see it being anyone else. 

No idea and might not even be true (It's a rumour I've read rather than one I could link to a source).

If true Hull KR might not be a bad call (hes big mates with Danny Maguire think they have some shared ventures in the nags).   Toronto would be the only other club I could really see been a viable bidder.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

and a questionable work ethic?

Why has he got a questionable work ethic?

He's a leader, who trains hard by all accounts  and who had the commitment to take to the fields less than 2 weeks after an operation (despite medical advice).

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

Why has he got a questionable work ethic?

He's a leader, who trains hard by all accounts  and who had the commitment to take to the fields less than 2 weeks after an operation (despite medical advice).

Really? that's not what I see when I watch him play.

I see a whingeing flat track bully who waves his arms about a lot and blames everyone else when it all starts to go wrong.

Reportedly Leeds like Gale partly because of the amount of salary cap exemptions he comes with being club trained - although I'm not quite sure how that would work given that only really kicks in for marquee players and I doubt they are going to switch any of the two existing marquees into full cap.

As for £150k. Peanuts, it's barely in the top ten transfer fees paid by Leeds ?

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

Reportedly Leeds like Gale partly because of the amount of salary cap exemptions he comes with being club trained - although I'm not quite sure how that would work given that only really kicks in for marquee players and I doubt they are going to switch any of the two existing marquees into full cap.

As for £150k. Peanuts, it's barely in the top ten transfer fees paid by Leeds ?

Leeds have made a bad call on Hurrell if he is getting paid too much above the the allowance.  Despite his attacking quality he is an awful defender.  As long as Gale is on less than 50k less then him the two would be switched.

12 hours ago, snapski said:

No way will Leeds pay that for Luke Gale. Wrong side of 30 and not sure how he will come back from injury

Danny Richardson could have a big future in the game with quality coaching and a lot more game time.

11 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s great business by Cas, less so by Leeds but their recent recruitment has been questionable. 

Leeds have spent big on two players last season, Hurrell and Merrin. Hurrell is in the dream team and Merrin's collective stats show he was as good as any big forward in SL.

Martin is also a great recruit. Apart from his debut when he was like a rabbit in headlights, he just doesn't miss kicks.

Gale, pre injury, was the best English 7 and the best 7 in SL bar none! He was first choice for England and in the dream team for 3 or 4 consecutive years!

He is not a Steve Ward with great talent but a body that cannot cope with the sport, he has simply had two back to back bad injuries. He is not a big runner, so he is the type to go on for another 3 years easy. If he comes back 90% Leeds have still got the best 7 in SL and the fee suggested is a snip!

A couple of posts removed.  Come on... you should know better than to use "alleged" when you think it means you can get away with some really out there stuff.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

What makes you say that about Richardson? He's 23, not 18. His defence is poor, his game management is poor and he isn't a great runner. His goal kicking doesn't give him a big future.

Great business by Cas if they get 150k for Gale.

Under Daryl Powells coaching he will improve and be a good Super League player

Archived