Sign in to follow this  
snapski

£150k the rumoured fee for Gale

The mind boggles  Gale and Myler half back pairing, it will be like watching a couple of wind turbines the amount of time they spend waving their arms about or maybe they genuinely think they can fly.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

It didn't happen under Holbrook. He would be a serviceable Super League player for a mid table club, but a statement of a big future feels like hype based off a few highlights.

In my opinion i think Powell is a better coach

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

The mind boggles  Gale and Myler half back pairing, it will be like watching a couple of wind turbines the amount of time they spend waving their arms about or maybe they genuinely think they can fly.

It's going to be a Lui and Gale half back pairing. Gale will be replacing Myler, if it happens.

Powell invariably improves halves. Gale wasn’t great when he went to Cas, Sneyd was amazing under Powell, Liam Finn, Christ, even Jamie Ellis and Corey Aston have looked ok.

Richardson will have every opportunity to improve and I agree Powell is a better coach than Holbrook.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, ckn said:

A couple of posts removed.  Come on... you should know better than to use "alleged" when you think it means you can get away with some really out there stuff.

Great stuff.

Thanks for that.

RADFORD OUT!

We've a young lad called Rowan Milnes who is out of contract and has been out of action with a broken leg. Some Superleague club should snap him up because he is a quality standoff.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

12 hours ago, Red Willow said:

How much did Leeds pay for Lui ? a player with about 8 weeks on his contract?

Whatever it was, it was worth it as they have looked much better with him there. I think it was 65k. 

Edited by Southerner80

1 minute ago, Southerner80 said:

Whatever it was, it was worth it as they have looked much better with him there. I think it was 65k. 

Yet oddly Salford have looked at least as good with Lohea!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

And this is why Cas have never won a trophy in the modern era, they sell players while the big clubs buy them. 

Let's ignore the fact Cas paid 100k+ for Watts and 150k+ for Hardaker and are paying a rumoured 65k for Richardson if it suits your arguement...

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Only after selling Denny Solomona 

No after Solomona breached his contract and left despite Cas turning down a significant offer for him.

Keep trying..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Yet oddly Salford have looked at least as good with Lohea!

Win win deal, we desperately needed something different at halfback, Lui's been that and proved a good addition.

Tui's been much better for Salford than he was for us, they havnt missed a beat and gained 65k on top, great deal for them. 

Think both clubs will be happy with how the deal panned out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Only after selling Denny Solomona 

It's not like they had a choice is it? He walked out precisely because they wouldn't sell him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Red Willow said:

How much did Leeds pay for Lui ? a player with about 8 weeks on his contract?

Afaik it was the difference between Luis salary and Loloheas

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Win win deal, we desperately needed something different at halfback, Lui's been that and proved a good addition.

Tui's been much better for Salford than he was for us, they havnt missed a beat and gained 65k on top, great deal for them. 

Think both clubs will be happy with how the deal panned out.

Definitely.  Lui might be the only one doubting the decision (especially if Salford win next week). 

It is a perfect storm for Salford, I honestly think it could be their year. 

Only Saints have excelled this year and anything can happen in 80 minutes as the CC final demonstrated.

Lui must be hurting if Salford do the business especially given every fan of every team (apart from Saints & Pies) is willing them on.

There are not many cowards on a RL pitch but Lolohea comes across as one. He really is scared to get stuck in to tackle. That said he has very very silky hands, much better than any Leeds player including Lui.

He really didn't get much of a chance at Leeds and I am hoping he continues to do well.

46 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

It is a perfect storm for Salford, I honestly think it could be their year. 

Only Saints have excelled this year and anything can happen in 80 minutes as the CC final demonstrated.

Lui must be hurting if Salford do the business especially given every fan of every team (apart from Saints & Pies) is willing them on.

There are not many cowards on a RL pitch but Lolohea comes across as one. He really is scared to get stuck in to tackle. That said he has very very silky hands, much better than any Leeds player including Lui.

He really didn't get much of a chance at Leeds and I am hoping he continues to do well.

I don’t know what the deal with him was at Leeds but at Salford he has in no way shied away from any tackles - even this week he put in some big hits on Cas. He kicking was also criticised by Leeds fans but for us it has been an improvement on Lui. He hasn’t got that magic step to break through the line like Lui but we’ve adapted our game around that.

I think Lui will do much better outside Gale as he prefers to drift in and out of games rather than control them.

Im glad the Lui - Tui transfer worked out for everyone.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2019 at 21:43, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Powell invariably improves halves. Gale wasn’t great when he went to Cas, Sneyd was amazing under Powell, Liam Finn, Christ, even Jamie Ellis and Corey Aston have looked ok.

Richardson will have every opportunity to improve and I agree Powell is a better coach than Holbrook.

Not just Powell either. People too often focus on the head coach but it surely helps having Ryan Sheridan and Danny Orr in the coaching team. If you’re a half, you should jump at the chance of joining Cas. Look at the improvement of Trueman

28 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Not just Powell either. People too often focus on the head coach but it surely helps having Ryan Sheridan and Danny Orr in the coaching team. If you’re a half, you should jump at the chance of joining Cas. Look at the improvement of Trueman

Can't hurt but Powell was a better half than both of those.

40 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Can't hurt but Powell was a better half than both of those.

Doesn’t matter who was the better player, a better player doesn’t make a better coach

28 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Doesn’t matter who was the better player, a better player doesn’t make a better coach

Absolutely  , Trent Robinson and Justin Holbrook will both hoping that this is the case in their respective Grand Finals.